Question about 2006 Kia Sorento
I have a 2003 kia sedona and i am trying to change the bearing and cannot get the bearing hub loose from axel.how do i remove it?
You'll need to remove the 2 strut bolts holding the hub to the strut, remove the axle nut. Pull the hub towards you and try taping on the axleshaft to try to push it out. You might try spraying some WD-40 where the axleshaft goes thru the hub.
Posted on May 02, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 09, 2015 | Kia Cars & Trucks
Apr 03, 2015 | 2003 Kia Sedona
3. Remove retaining ring. If the bearing inner race remains on wheel hub, grind a section of inner race until approximately 0.020 in (0.5 mm) remains. Remove race with a chisel.
4. Remove wheel bearing with suitable tool.
• Do not remove dust cover unless necessary. • Do not reuse dust cover if removed. 5. Mark relative positions of dust cover and knuckle for proper reassembly. 6. Remove dust cover with a chisel.
• Do not remove wheel hub bolt unless necessary. • Do not reuse wheel hub bolt if removed. 7. Remove wheel hub bolt with a press.
Assembly 1. Press in new wheel studs. Front wheel hub press in either bolt turning or loosening by the torque of 108.5 lb•ft (147 N•m, 15 kg•m) shall not be premissible.
2. Mark new dust cover to match the removed dust cover. 3. Align mark on new dust cover with knuckle. 4. Install new dust cover with suitable tool.
5. Install new wheel bearing with suitable tool. 6. Install front wheel hub assembly with suitable tool.
• Use a new oil seal, and apply grease to seal. • Install oil seal so that it is flush with knuckle. 7. Install new oil seal with SST(0K993 331 016).
Jan 12, 2013 | 2003 Kia Sedona
Feb 21, 2012 | 2003 Kia Sedona
Feb 15, 2011 | 2004 Kia Sedona
Mar 23, 2010 | 2003 Kia Sedona
Jan 16, 2010 | 2004 Kia Sedona
Nov 18, 2009 | 2004 Kia Sedona
Aug 14, 2017 | 2006 Kia Sorento
507 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: