Question about Cars & Trucks
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
This is the procedure from the service manaul:
XJ8 Remote Control Programming
1. Unlock the Boot/trunk with key.
2. Turn Ignition on.
3. Warning light on dash comes on.
4. When they go out, lift arm rest, inside their is a valley button, Press 5 times within 5 secs of lights on dash going out, Horn & Lights Flash.
5. Press any button on remote, remote programmed.
Posted on Jan 16, 2009
SOURCE: programming keyless remote
1. Turn the ignition to ACC or ON and the radio to off. Do not crank the engine.
2. Press and hold the DISP button on the radio for at least five seconds until settings is displayed.
3. Press the SEEK up or down arrows until FOB PROG appears on the display.
4. Press the PREV or NEXT button to enter the submenu. The current selection will have an
asterisk next to it. BEGIN will be displayed.
5. Press the DISP button to start programming. When the message PUSH FOB flashes, press and
hold the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the first transmitter at the same time for 15 seconds. A
chime will be heard to verify the transmitter is learned.
6. Repeat Step 5 for each additional transmitter up to four remotes total. You do not need to press
the DISP button again, just press down the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the next transmitter
to be learned to a maximum of four transmitters per vehicle.
The mode you selected is now set. You can either exit the programming mode by following the instructions later in this section or program the next feature available on your vehicle.
EXIT (Exit Feature Customization Mode): This feature allows you to exit the vehicle customization programming.
1. Scroll until EXIT appears on the display.
2. Press the DISP button to exit programming. A chime will he heard to verify the exit.
Thanks for using FixYa - a FixYa rating is appreciated for answering your FREE question.
Posted on May 25, 2009
Manual Programming Procedure (non scan tool)
1. Connect pin 1 of the 16-way data link connector to chassis ground or to pin 4 of the 16-way data link connector.
2. Close all doors, turn ignition key to off.
3. Turn ignition key to Accessory.
4. Turn ignition to off, door locks will cycle once (in programming mode).
5. For each key FOB, press any button 3 times in a row to program code. When programming is complete, the door locks will cycle once.
IF A SECOND KEY FOB REQUIRES PROGRAMMING, IT MUST BE PROGRAMMED WITHIN 1 MINUTE OF PROGRAMMING
THE FIRST FOB PROGRAMMING. PRESS ANY BUTTON ON THE SECOND FOB 3 TIMES TO PROGRAM ITS CODE. WHEN PROGRAMMING IS COMPLETE, THE DOOR LOCKS WILL CYCLE ONCE.
6. The programming mode finishes after the following:
a. Programming of two key FOBS is completed.
b. One minute has passed since programming.
c. Pin 1 of 16-way data link connector is removed from ground connection.
d. Ignition switch is turned on.
e. Any of the doors are opened.
Posted on Jun 25, 2009
Hello, my engine light was on for a VERY LONG time and everytime I got it checked no one could tell me what the problem was because things always checked out fine. The "code" says its a loose gas cap or something, but it wasnt that. My 300M also was having A HARD TIME STARTING UP for about 8 months and leaking coolant for about a month. I finally found a mechanic who knew what he was doing; 1. Leaking Radiator 2. Coolant found in #2 or #3 cylinder. The cause of this was a busted HEAD GASKET. If your 300M has trouble starting and the Engine light stays on have a mechanic check your engine for a busted head gasket and see if all your cylinders are firing correctly. I had to pay $2600 for a new Head Gasket, Radiator and all new hoses plus labor. CRYING!!!!!!!!!!
I have a 2001 300M 130K - very well kept. Stuff happens...
Posted on Sep 29, 2010
Testimonial: "2001 300m max price $6000 -$2000 to much money for repair I have had a loose gas cap engine light on the on disconnected the.batt ok now reboot"
No way, this keyless entry remote (for 1997-2001 Chrysler CIRRUS Keyless entry remote) must be programmed to your vehicle before it
will work. This can only be done at a professional automotive locksmith
shop. If you are unable to find a locksmith, the dealership will be able
to program it for you instead. There are no programming instructions
available for this keyless entry remote. It can only be done at the
locksmith or dealer with special equipment.
Hope this helps (remember to rate this answer).
Posted on Jan 11, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 27, 2013 | 2001 Chrysler 300M
Jun 26, 2012 | 2001 Oldsmobile Alero
Jan 07, 2011 | 1998 Chrysler Cirrus
Nov 21, 2010 | 2005 Chrysler 300
Sep 05, 2010 | 2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser
Sep 17, 2009 | 2001 Chrysler 300M
Apr 09, 2009 | 1999 Chrysler 300M
Jun 01, 2008 | 2002 Chrysler 300M
26 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!