- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The light means that your battery is not being charged properly. It could be that when the transmission was replaced, they alternator belt was not put in properly or tight enough. I'd do the following:
1. Check battery connections to make sure they are clean and tight.
2. Check the drive belt to the alternator. It should be tight and not slipping.
3. If neither of the above is the problem, fully charge the battery with a battery charger so you can drive it for a while. Don't drive it without charging or you may get stranded. Don't let the battery run all the way down either or it may ruin it.
3. Check alternator output by driving to a nearby auto store or the place you had it repaired. They usually can check your charging system for free. The alternator could have decided to malfunction, although it's pretty new.
I would be getting the alternator checked out first, faulty relays are not something I have had problems with in the past, so I would go with the alternator, unless your battery is duff, don't forget a battery can be fine the last time you use the car and then it just goes dead. I would suggest you try a charged battery first and check when the engine is running that the ignition lights are all out, if not then change the alternator
sounds to me you have a faulty power steering unit, if it blown the fuse you must have electric power steering. I suspect your power steering is draining the battery. (internal short in power steering unit) If your battery won't hold or take a charge, replace it. check your alternator as well as that charges the battery.
I'm not understanding what you are saying. The battery should have a rating of at least 500 amps or more. That is the cranking amps at zero degrees which has nothing to do with the warning light. The light comes on when the alternator is not charging the battery. So if the light is on something is keeping the alternator from charging, or from the extra voltage from reaching the battery. You would need to have the charging system tested by a shop with the necessary equipment. And probably not by the shop you are using now.
Sounds like a bad alternator and or voltage regulator. It's easier just to replace both. You could take to a auto parts house. Many times they have a tester that can tell you exactly what the problem is.
Have you considered the alternator and battery? When the alternator isn't working, it wont charge the battery and supply proper amperage to the ecu, starter, coils etc which then the vehicle will not start, or if it does start it will not run proper. Try taking the alternator out and taking it to a local autozone for them to check it. Then you will determine the faulty equipment to replace.