Question about 1994 Chevrolet S-10
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: how do you change a
1. remove the driveshaft.
2. remove the transmission.
3. remove the bellhousing
4. unbolt the pressure plate from the flywheel.
5. remove the clutch.
6. inspect the flywheel and pressure plate for scoring, checking, or other damage. repair/replace as needed.
7. place a clutch alignment tool into the clutch disk, insert it into the pilot bearing on the flywheel, and bolt the pressure plate back into place. Install a new throwout bearing on the clutch fork. remove the alignment tool.
8. install the bellhousing, connecting the clutch linkage.
9. replace the transmission and driveshaft.
I would *strongly* recommend buying a shop (service) manual which describes this process in greater detail. It is not rocket science, but it *is* a lot of work with many detailed steps that I glossed over above. If you are not certain that you are capable of this work, you need to take it to someone who is.
The transmission is heavy, you will need buy/rent/borrow a transmission jack to be able to safely get it in and out. Plus you need the proper ramps, wheel chocks, etc. to safely raise the truck enough to do all this, and you need a smooth, level surface to work on. A concrete garage floor is ideal, a driveway may be adequate if it does not slope much. Don't even attempt it on dirt or gravel.
Posted on Sep 06, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 14, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
Nov 18, 2015 | Cars & Trucks
Dec 05, 2012 | Cars & Trucks
Aug 28, 2012 | Cars & Trucks
Jul 01, 2011 | Chevrolet S 10 Cars & Trucks
Dec 27, 2009 | 1998 Chevrolet S-10 Pickup
Mar 29, 2017 | 1994 Chevrolet S-10
46 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: