a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
YOU NEED TO TURN OFF RADIO FIRST THEN DISCONNECT NEGATIVE BATTERY CABLE. YOU NEED TO MARK POSITION OF THE WIPER ARMS ON THE WINDSHIELD YOU CAN USE WHITE OUT LIQUID PAPER TO MARK WIPER ARMS LOCATION.THEN REMOVE WIPER ARMS,REMOVE THE COWL COVER,REMOVE THE WIPER MOTOR LINKAGE MOUNTING BOLTS.REMOVE ASSEMBLY, DISCONNECT THE ELECTRICAL CONNECTOR AND UNBOLT THE MOTOR FROM THE LINKAGE.
At the base of the wiper arm there will be a plastic cover. Pull up on it an you will see a nut that holds the wiper arm to the post. Remove the nut and push down/up on the wiper arm to release it from the post. Once both wiper arms are removed you can remove the push pins that hold the cowl in place and remove the cowl. You will then have access to the wiper motor and linkages.
Remove the rear hood seal. Remove the wiper arm assemblies by
raising the wiper blade off the windshield. Move the slide latch away
from the pivot shaft and slowly lower the arm onto the latch. This
unlocks the arm from the pivot shaft and holds the blade off the glass.
Pull the arm from the pivot shaft.
Remove the cowl vent screws and disconnect the washer hoses from the washer jets.
Detach the electrical connectors from the wiper motor.
Remove the wiper assembly attaching screws, lift the assembly out and disconnect the washer hose.
Unsnap and remove the linkage cover.
Remove the wiper module assembly retaining bolts and remove the module from the vehicle.
Remove the linkage retaining clip from the motor operating arm by
lifting the locking tab and pulling the clip away from the pin.
Remove the motor retaining screws and remove the motor from the vehicle.
The installation is the reverse of the removal.
Fig.: Lift up to release the clips and remove the hood-to-cowl weather strip
Fig.: Remove the cowl panel-to-firewall retaining clips
Remove the driver's side then the passenger side cowl panel from the vehicle
Fig.: Detach the electrical connector for the wiper motor
Release the wiper motor retaining clips and remove the cover from the vehicle
Fig.: Remove the wiper module assembly retaining bolts and remove the module from the vehicle
Fig.: Remove the wiper motor retaining bolts and ...
A new wiper motor assembly comes with the linkage arm installed.
Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
Remove the windshield wiper mounting arm and pivot shaft
Do not remove the wiper motor linkage arm from the wiper motor
assembly. If the arm is removed, the wiper arms may not park in the
Use a suitable tool to separate the wiper linkage arm from the wiper mounting arm and pivot shaft assembly.
Remove the 3 bolts and the wiper motor.
Fig. Wiper motor and linkage
Install wiper motor and bolts.
Tighten wiper motor bolts to 10 ft. lbs. (13 Nm).
Install windshield wiper mounting arm and pivot shaft.
Check wiper operation.
Rear Wiper Motor - Removal & Installation
Remove the rear pivot arm.
Remove the rear wiper motor shaft nut cover
Remove the rear wiper motor shaft nut.
Open the lift gate window.
Remove the rear wiper motor cover trim panel.
Disconnect the electrical connector.
Remove the 2 rear window wiper motor nuts
Remove the rear window wiper motor.
Fig. Rear wiper motor view-2008 model shown, other years similar
Install rear wiper motor and tighten mounting nuts to 62 inch lbs. (7 Nm).
Reconnect the electrical connector.
Install wiper motor cover trim panel.
Install rear wiper pivot arm tighten nut to 53 inch lbs. (6 Nm).
The windshield wiper linkage comes as an assembly. The assembly comes with the two rotating splines that the wiper arms attach to. you must remove wiper arms. Remove cowl trim and remove bolts that hold the pivot points to the body. The new linkage that snaps to the wiper motor should come with a new retaining clip. You have to fish the linkage assembly through the access holes in the body by un bolting the wiper motor.
2002 Ford F-250 Windshield Wiper Motor
Removal & Installation
1. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position. Turn the ignition switch ON until the wiper blades are straight up, then turn the ignition switch OFF.
2. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
3. Remove the right-hand and left-hand windshield wiper arm and blade assemblies.
4. Remove the cowl top vent panels.
5. Detach the electrical hardness connector at the windshield wiper motor assembly.
6. Remove 3 wiper motor (module assembly) retaining bolts and remove the module assembly from the vehicle.
7. Remove the wiper linkage retaining bolt and remove the linkage from the wiper motor.
8. Remove 3 retaining nuts and remove the windshield wiper motor
9. Place the windshield wiper motor in position and install 3 retaining nuts. Tighten to 10-12 ft. lbs. (12-17 Nm).
10. Connect the wiper linkage to the windshield wiper motor and install the retaining bolt. Tighten the bolts to 14 ft. lbs. (20 Nm).
11. Place the wiper motor (module assembly) in position and install 3 retaining bolts. Tighten the bolts to 6 ft. lbs. (9Nm).
12. Install the electrical hardness connector to the windshield wiper motor.
13. Connect the negative battery cable.
14. Allow the windshield wiper motor to cycle several times while checking for proper wiper motor operation.
15. Turn the windshield wiper motor to the OFF position to park the wiper motor in the park position.
16. Install the cowl top vent panels.
17. Install the wiper arm and blade assemblies. Install the retaining nuts and tighten to 22-29 ft. lbs. (30-40 Nm).
18. Connect the negative battery cable.
19. Check the windshield wiper motor for proper operation and the wiper arms for adjustment.
Pivot Shafts and Linkage
The windshield wiper assembly is mounted below cowl top extension (021A36) . Linkages are connected with non-removable plastic ball joints. Windshield wiper mounting arm and pivot shafts are an integral part of the windshield wiper and are serviced as one unit.
Disconnect the battery ground cable (14301). Refer to Section 14-01 .
Remove antenna mast from the antenna base.
Remove cap on LH and RH windshield wiper pivot arms to expose nuts retaining the arms to pivot shafts.
Remove two nuts, one from each of windshield wiper pivot arms . Lift wiper arms to service position, carefully rocking them back and forth to loosen them from the pivot shaft. Lift off windshield wiper pivot arms .
Remove seven screws retaining the cowl top vent panel.
Disconnect windshield washer hose (17A605) at LH side of vehicle just ahead of where it enters cowl top.
Remove hood cowl seal.
Carefully remove cowl top vent panel from vehicle.
Remove three retaining screws to cowl drain tube that is connected to top cowl.
Disconnect wiring harness leading to windshield wiper motor.
Remove five screws retaining cowl top to vehicle and remove cowl top and windshield wiper from vehicle.
Remove two screws and two nuts retaining windshield wiper to cowl top and separate the two parts.
Remove drive linkage from motor shaft linkage.
Remove remaining screws attaching windshield wiper and separate the two parts.
Cowl Top Panel
Nut (2 Req'd)
Windshield Wiper Motor
Screw (2 Req'd)
Windshield Wiper Assembly
Tighten to 9-12 Nm (80-106 Lb-In)