Question about Cars & Trucks
It comes thru the PCV system. Possible bad PCV valve. Replace the valve and recheck.
Posted on Dec 31, 2013
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
there are 2 ways to do this, use a scan tool ($50 for a basic one) to reset the light, the other is to disconnect the battery for 5-10 minutes, be advised if the problem is not corrected that set the light the light will come back on in about 20 miles, also if the system is not ready u will fail smog, this means they (person doing the smog) know there was a problem.
Posted on Feb 19, 2009
Hiya...the cabin air filter is located below the front passenger/windshield area.
It's only accessible by standing outside the Equinox with the hood open.
Here's how to do it...(before you pop open the hood)
1) Stand outside at the front-right door area.
2) Just below the front windshield area, pull up a few small black plastic clips that's on the black windshield wiper cowl area- a small flat screwdriver or a special clip-remover tool is handy.
3) Raise the hood up.
4) There may be a triangular-shaped hard foam sound damper at the left side nearby the hood hinge...pull it off if it allow you to work around it with ease.
5) Continue to find a few black plastic clips around the black windshield wiper cowl area.
6) Gently pull up the black windshield wiper cowl cover with care not to bend it too hard during removal.
7) You should see the cabin air filter inside that's held in place by a black rectangular box inside.
8) There's 2 black tabs that holds the cabin air filter in place.
9) Insert your finger or tool to pry the cabin air filter away from the tabs.
10) Remove old cabin air filter.
Remember to reinstall the clip parts back into place when you're finished.
Posted on Apr 05, 2009
SOURCE: Fuel Filter for Sport Trac
If the car is running good no engine problems or poor gas mileage I wouldn't worry about it. This is done as preventive maintenance. Every tune-up parts have replacement recommended periods. Ignition components, all filters and lubricants should all be replaced the most every six moths depending on how much you drive. Its all common sense if you check your oil and its black its time to change it. If your brakes are screeching same thing and if it been six month probably well over 15,000 miles since you replaced the fuel filter it'll be a good idea to change it.
Posted on May 11, 2009
Look in the owners manual that's in the glove box under fluids, that should tell you.
You didn't say what size engine you have. Usually 4 to 5 qts. with filter.
Posted on Aug 17, 2010
SOURCE: how to use the remote
If it is factory installed remote start lock the doors with the fab as you would to set the alarm then hold the start button at the top of the fab it should start.Please note that if the vehicle has a check engine light on the remote start function will be disabled and will not work.
Posted on Nov 07, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 28, 2014 | 2008 Chevrolet Equinox
Apr 23, 2012 | 2008 Chevrolet Equinox
Dec 24, 2011 | 2008 Chevrolet Equinox
Jan 15, 2011 | Chevrolet Equinox Cars & Trucks
Nov 11, 2010 | 2008 Chevrolet Equinox
Aug 24, 2010 | 2008 Chevrolet Equinox
Aug 17, 2010 | 2008 Chevrolet Equinox
56 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!