Question about 2000 Mitsubishi Montero Sport
When start the car all the lights are blinking i replesed the battry, when i remover the battry cable, stop the blinking. battry is new alternetar charge 14.5v
NEVER remove the battery cable when the engine is running. It can damage the alternator and a lot of other electronics on the vehicle. The alt will go to the full charge mode. Most all of the dash warning lighs shut off thru a circuit that goes to the alternator. Check your wiring for loose connectors or a grounding wire.
Posted on Dec 31, 2013
Try removing the negative (black) terminal from the battery for 10-15 seconds then reconnect. This should powercycle the electronics.
Posted on Jun 09, 2014
Use a code reader to reset the CPU program as it may have become corrupted from not having a battery in place.
Posted on Dec 31, 2013
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 09, 2015 | Holden Cars & Trucks
Apr 10, 2013 | 2004 Pontiac Grand Am
Jul 05, 2012 | Cars & Trucks
Jun 27, 2012 | Cars & Trucks
Nov 13, 2011 | 1994 Oldsmobile 88
the kick panel just beside the left foot rest on the driver's side.
2) Locate blue wires.
3) Locate black connector. Hold it notch up.
4) With ignition off, insert one of the wires into top row, 2nd pin from left.
5) Turn key to on position, but do not start the car.
6) Watch blinky check engine light on dashboard. Count blinks. Long blinks = 10, Short blinks = 1.
7) Keep watching blinky light until you get mesmorized.
To clear codes (after problem has
1) With engine off, stick the blue wires to 1st and 2nd pin in the top row counting from left on the
connector, with notch facing up.
2) Start car. Shut off car. Remove pins.
3) Read codes to make sure they are clear. No codes = steady blinks at 1/4 second intervals. yhis is for the 94, 92 should be the same. have a good day !!
Jun 05, 2011 | 1994 Subaru SVX
Jan 27, 2010 | 1994 Hyundai Excel
Dec 19, 2009 | 1998 Dodge Intrepid
Jan 18, 2017 | 2000 Mitsubishi Montero Sport
145 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: