Question about Cars & Trucks
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Automatic gearbox
How to prevent the transmission from damage
(The filter usually is screen type and can be cleaned when remove bottom cover. but this is not to be done at regular maintenance inspection.)
- Regularly check your parking space for leaks. Doesn't matter, is it the engine oil leak, power steering fluid or transmission fluid; if you discover any, get it fixed before it caused something serious.
- Once in a while check the transmission fluid level and condition. Not all cars however have the automatic transmission dipstick, in some cars, for example, in late Volkswagen models, the transmission fluid can only be checked by the dealer. Consult with your owner's manual for details. If the transmission fluid level is too low, there is a leak somewhere that needs to be fixed.
- Change the fluid as often as it said in your owner's manual or when it becomes too dark (rather brown than red) or dirty.
Also, keep in mind that an automatic transmission can not be drained completely - there is always some transmission fluid left inside the transmission (the torque converter, in the valve body, etc.) which means you only can change about %60 of the fluid at once. This is one more reason to change it more often.
- Use only the same type of the transmission fluid as specified in the owner's manual or on the dipstick. Some vehicles (e.g Dodge Caravan) are very sensitive to fluid type
- Never shift to the Reverse or Parking until the car comes to a complete stop.
- Never shift from the Parking mode when engine rpm is higher than normal idle.
- Always hold a brakes down when shifting from Parking.
- The automatic transmission can be damaged if towing with the drive wheels on the road. Always use a dolly or place powered wheels on the towing platform (if the vehicle is front wheel drive - tow it from the front leaving rear wheels on the road.
Posted on Jun 12, 2008
if its working leave well alone,its a renault remember,topping up is done via the auto dip stick ,draining is done by slackening off the sump pan
Posted on Jan 01, 2009
Did one today, assuming drive shaft removed take off large clip from inner boot slide back joint socket comes away leaving the knuckle joint on the shaft remove 19mm circlip and tap knuckle off spline this allows outer boot to come back - easy enough. Not much tubber to secure new clip over boot though especially with all the grease.
Posted on Jun 10, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 12, 2017 | Renault Cars & Trucks
Jul 15, 2016 | Renault Cars & Trucks
Jun 22, 2016 | Renault Cars & Trucks
Renault Kangoo (KC) 1.4 i car bodywork specifications: Renault Kangoo is a minivan with 5 seats and has 4 doors. Dimensions information of car: 3995 mm long, 1827 mm high, 1663 mm wide. Other Renault Kangoo (KC) 1.4 i cars specs: 2600 mm wheelbase, rear track has 1418 mm, front track has 1405 mm, ground clearance - 140 mm. Total car weight is 1155 kg and 1665 kg of maximum weight, cargo capacity (volume) if from 650 to 2600. Tires type for Renault Kangoo (KC) 1.4 i is 165/70 R14 T. Car engine specifications: 1390 cm3 displacement, located front, transverse with in-line cylinders, 75.8 mm bore. Renault Kangoo (KC) 1.4 i has 4 cylinders. More car engine information: 9.5 compression ratio, 77 mm stroke, car has 2 valves per cylinder, distributed injection fuel supply type, engine power 75/5500 hp, engine torque equals 114/4250.
Transmission specifications of Renault Kangoo (KC) 1.4 i wheel drive is front, it has 4 gears of automatic transmission,.
Renault Kangoo (KC) 1.4 i has wheel-rail type of steering. And hydraulic system power steering.
Rear brakes are drum brakes. Front brakes specs: ventilated disc brakes.
Performance Renault Kangoo car data: it takes 17.3 sec. for Renault Kangoo (KC) 1.4 i to get 100 km/h speed. 147 km/h is the max speed. Renault Kangoo gasoline tank has 50 liters capacity. The car consumps 9.5 liters in the city, 6.3 liters on the road.
Jun 28, 2014 | 2003 Renault Kangoo
May 15, 2011 | Renault Sportwagon Cars & Trucks
Mar 24, 2011 | Renault Sportwagon Cars & Trucks
Mar 03, 2011 | 2004 Renault 181
Jan 26, 2010 | 2003 Renault 181
Dec 31, 2008 | 2003 Renault 181
39 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!