Question about 2002 Toyota Avalon
The car starts fine, after running for 30 seconds the battery light comes on and when a few revs are put on the engine, the abs light comes on, then all dash functions stop working...any help would be great....
If the charge light is on when the ignition is first turned on, but then comes back on after 30 seconds and its affecting abs light ect i would change the diode pack on the back of altonator
Posted on Dec 30, 2013
Check your battery connections for corrosion, also see if the terminal wires to the battery are loose.
Posted on Dec 30, 2013
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: 2002 sequioa sudden stall
Often when the battery is disconnected or replaced the computer will lose it's learned idle settings. You could try letting the engine idle in park until the engine temperature comes up to normal and leave it like that for a few minutes, then put the Air con on and let it idle again for a few minutes, then switch the air con off and put it into drive. If it does not stall, let it idle in drive for 2 minutes or so, and then do the same with the Air con on. This should relearn the base idle settings and stop it from stalling on you. Before you carry out this procedure you should make sure that when you replaced the battery you didn't remove any other plugs or knocked anything that may be causing the fault. If you try this procedure and it still stall when you select drive, you will need to get a Mechanic to check the vehicle over.
Hope this helps,
Posted on Nov 02, 2008
I Hope You All Appreciate This FAST and EASY Inexpensive Repair That Even The Toyota Dealers Dont Seem To Know How To Fix !!! The Problem Is The Air filter temp sensor. Look On The Left Side Of the Air Filter Housing and Disconnect The Plug Thats Attached To The Spark Plug Like Plastic Sensor Mounted on The Side Of the Air Filter Housing, Now Go Start Your Truck !!! Your Truck Will Start And RUN Fine Now ! Replace The Sensor Approx $59 at Autozone... This Should Fix 90% Of Your Problems If your In the other 10% and it does not Fix it , Email Me and Ill See If I Can Help ! People Have Spent Hundreds and into The Thousand Dollar Area Trying to Resolve This Intermittant Problem At Inept Shops with Illiterate Mechanics ! If Your Happy With This Fix, BE Generouse ! I Do Accept Donations at Paypal Send to firstname.lastname@example.org Thank You JOE Mechaniac
Posted on May 18, 2009
SOURCE: 1997 Toyota Caldina GT-T 3S-GTE
As you say the tacho/speedo come "back up to normal" after the incident, I assume that they either stop working or become erratic while the dash lights are misbehaving.
If so, this sounds like a dash wiring electrical problem.
The O/D OFF light is lit by the switch on the shifter (switch also inputs to the ECU). The ENGINE light is driven also from the ECU but the SLIP light is driven from the ABS/VSC computer, although these two computers do communicate.
Best plan of attack would be interrogate the ECU for error codes or ask a Toyota dealer to do so. At least you'll have some clue to any problems that the ECU's may have picked up.
Contact me about checking for ECU error codes if you want to attempt it yourself. Although the Caldina has an OBDC2 connector, as I understand it it's not 100% compliant, so you'll need a Toyota compatible reader. Fortunately teh codes are also output via the CHECK ENGINE light.
If there's no problems there, I'd be pulling the instrument cluster and checking for wiring problems. I'm not sure where in the world you are but most ex- JDM vehicles could have modified with timers, speed-cut or fuel-cut devices that either have been poorly installed or are playing up and causing electrical problems.
Posted on Oct 31, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 18, 2015 | 2003 Jaguar S-Type
Mar 03, 2011 | 1992 Pontiac Sunbird
Dec 20, 2010 | Hyundai Sonata Cars & Trucks
Feb 16, 2010 | 2004 Ford Focus
Feb 23, 2009 | 2000 Volkswagen Cabrio
Feb 09, 2009 | 2003 Volkswagen Beetle TDI
Jan 24, 2009 | 2000 Dodge Stratus
Feb 17, 2015 | 2002 Toyota Avalon
275 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: