Question about Volvo S40
After having a locksmith get my car opened, the first time I used it, the alarm went off and the fob key no longer works. My car stays locked.
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: key fob will not undo
If you don't have one that works for the vehicle now, you'll have to take it to your local dealer to have it programmed to the vehicle. Some will charge for this, some will do it at no charge.
If you do have a remote that is programmed and working for the vehicle, then the following steps will allow you to program another remote:
1. Enter vehicle and close all doors.
2. Put seatbelt on (or clip it into the buckle) to shut the warning buzzer off.
3. Put key in ignition, turn to run position but don't start it.
4. Press and hold the unlock button on the working key fob and hold for 4 seconds, then also press the panic button.
5. Release both buttons and you should hear a single chime to indicate it is in program mode. You have 30 seconds after the chime to program any additional remotes you want to program.
6. Press and release both the unlock and lock buttons simultaneously on the remote you are programming. You should hear another single chime.
7. Within 4 seconds after hearing the chime, press either lock or unlock button on remote that you are programming.
Posted on Oct 16, 2008
SOURCE: i have a grand voyager
dont go through all the hassles of removing the door trim just take the terminal off the battery for about a minute then reconect again worked on mine good luck
Posted on Dec 20, 2008
I have a 2001 C240 with the same issue. I removed the positive battery cable from the battery and kept it off for 30 seconds then replaced it. Everything was reset and the key worked.
Posted on Feb 10, 2010
unlock the door then press the lock button on remote and hold down for 20/30 secs.manual does say hold button.....
Posted on Mar 02, 2010
i have a rover 25 and the key fob is not opening the car i could use the key to open it but the alarm will go off and cant stop it without the fob...
Posted on Apr 11, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 11, 2017 | MG Cars & Trucks
Jan 10, 2016 | 2002 Dodge Dakota Club Cab
Mar 27, 2015 | Cars & Trucks
May 13, 2012 | 2006 Chevrolet HHR
Jan 05, 2012 | 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Aug 17, 2011 | 2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
Feb 01, 2011 | Cadillac DeVille Cars & Trucks
Dec 27, 2010 | 1995 Volkswagen Jetta
Jan 16, 2009 | 2000 Hyundai Sonata
19 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: