Question about 1998 Dodge Ram 1500 4WD

1 Answer

Lost rod totransfer case on 2003 1500 dodge pickup bought replacement parts but can't get rubber groments to go in .

I can,t get the rubber grometsto go in so I can put the transfer rod on the four wheel transfer case

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Brigadier General:

    An expert that has over 10,000 points.

  • Master
  • 4,669 Answers

Have you tried oiling them with wd40 and try squeezing it together with a pair of channel locks or vice grips.

Posted on May 19, 2009


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

2 Answers

Where is the purge solenoid on an 01 Dodge Stratus 3.0L V6?

On top of the fuel tank, it plugs into the tank in a groment and has a vacume line on it and a three wire connector with a weather tight plug.

Dec 26, 2010 | 2001 Dodge Stratus

1 Answer

85 Dodge Pickup....383 V8 can i replace the crankshaft without pulling the heads?

yes but this is gonna be alot of work no matter how you do it, you will neeed to remove your oil pan, then remove rod bearing caps,and then the main bearing caps, and also remember about your flywheel that bolts to the back of the crankshaft, so you will have to remove the transmission also,

Mar 15, 2010 | 1985 Dodge Pickup 4WD

2 Answers

Where do i star to find a evap leak on my 02 dodge ram 1500 pickup no 4x4

You can start with a smoke test of the fuel system, most problems are caused by a bad purge solenoid.

Sep 24, 2009 | 2002 Dodge Ram Maxi

1 Answer

96 pathfinder clutch pedal has lost pressure,

usually when this happen you lost fluid pressure look for a fluid leak at the clutch master cylinder under the hood ,it should be by the brake master ,it has a small plastic tank on top with a black rubber cap or underneath on the transmission there is the clutch slave cylinder it will have a small 2 inch rod that pushes the clutch fork ,look for the rubber boot on it ,see if there is fluid coming out of it ,also follow the clutch fluid lines maybe somthing has damaged one and its leaking !

Aug 08, 2009 | 1995 Nissan Pickup

1 Answer

Need torque for connecting rods on 2003 dodge 5.7L Hemi in a 1500 ram pickup

torque is 15 foot pounds PLUS 90 degrees they are torque to yeald bolts and i recommend replacing them all

Jul 11, 2009 | 1987 Dodge Pickup 2WD

1 Answer

2007 dodge ram 3500 5.9 liter cummins diesel 2WD tie rod end repa

try moving the ends of the tie rod. there should be a metal sticking out of the rubber ball like part at the end. A worn out tie rod would be easily moved with bear hands while a new one will take some muscle.

Jun 30, 2009 | 2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Quad Cab Laramie

1 Answer

Leaking fluid at the clutch pedal

rod activates master clutch cyl and has lost the seals in the master-fluid is migrating back on rod

Apr 09, 2009 | 1984 Toyota Pickup Deluxe

1 Answer

2000 dodge durango

hey, im a usa sailor and i have also encountered this problem. how i fixed it.....,
you may be missing a little rod that attatches the handle from the cab to the crankcase. if you have that rod then see if the holes in the levers under the truck have little rubber grommets. these are what holds the rods in place.

if missing :
the your nearest auto parts store preferably napa or autozone usually runs about thirty bucks at most

the rubber grommets.......usually any hardware store will have these for only four bucks

Feb 16, 2009 | 2000 Dodge Durango

1 Answer

2000 Dodge caravan "fetching up"

when they replaced the tie rod or when the tie rod broke, it might of damaged the rubber line on the brakes. It wont leak, but inside of that rubber line it may of collapsd causing the brake fluid to apply the brakes but wont release the fluid back to the resivor.

Aug 11, 2008 | 2000 Dodge Caravan

Not finding what you are looking for?
Cars & Trucks Logo

Related Topics:

78 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Dodge Experts


Level 3 Expert

79186 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22326 Answers

Ronny Bennett Sr.
Ronny Bennett Sr.

Level 3 Expert

6927 Answers

Are you a Dodge Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides