Question about 2000 Audi A6
My audi has safe mode on the radio display . i bought the car off of craigslist and im not sure what the code is .I was told that the radio code is on a sticker in the spare wheel well. i have the sticker in there ,i tried to put the code in via holding the p-scan and RBSC ( or whatever it is) buttons. i tried the two different four digit codes on the sticker and neither of them worked . i am not completely locked into safe mode and cant get it to pull up the numbers to enter them again . any ideas before i go spend 89.99 at the dealership??
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: 1999 audi a4 quattro 1.8
Call the dealer, or take the radio to the dealer with you ID and Registration, they will give you your code, write it down and file it in a safe spot. I had to do the same thing for my BMW.
Posted on Apr 04, 2009
sorry to say, you will need to take it in, it needs to be hooked up to their computer to reset and have it start up poperly. It just like a pc when it crash it will try to start in safe mode until you select "Normal" start up
Posted on Oct 13, 2009
SOURCE: I have a 2001 Audi
IMPORTANT NOTE: You must have the security anti-theft code for yours Audi radio from the car manufacturer! The sequence of programming is:
1. Push simultaneous "SCAN" and "RDS" keys until on the screen will appear "1000" displayed.
2. Release keys. No more push on "SCAN" and "RDS" keys because otherwise number "1000" will be considered as first safe code attempt.
3. By the #1 key you will set up the first safe code digit.
4. By the #2 key you will set up the second safe code digit.
5. By the #3 key you will set up the third safe code digit.
6. By the #4 key you will set up the four-th safe code digit.
7. Then push again simultaneous "SCAN" and "RDS" keys for confirm this safe code. On the screen will be displayed "SAFE" notice. Release keys! For few seconds a radio frequence will be displayed. The radio is now ready for use!
Posted on Oct 15, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 08, 2011 | 2001 Audi A4
Nov 27, 2010 | 2006 Audi S4
Nov 27, 2010 | 1998 Audi A4
Nov 20, 2010 | 2004 Audi TT
Nov 16, 2010 | 2002 Audi A4
Oct 15, 2010 | 2001 Audi A4
Oct 09, 2010 | 1999 Audi A6
Apr 26, 2010 | 2000 Audi A4
172 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: