Question about Toyota RAV4
I have a Model XLE 2014 RAV4, how do I program my garage door opener? Is there a compass in my vehicle?
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: remote garage door opener
1. Position vehicle within 10 feet of garage door- engine off and battery on.
2. Press/hold 2 outside buttons of Homelink transceiver until red indicator starts flashing rapidly, then release button. This should take about 20 seconds. This erases any previously learned codes.
3. Press/hold remote control and press/hold button of Homelink transceiver simultaneously. Slowly move remote control from 5" away to 1" away from Homelink transceiver. Release both buttons after red indicator starts blinking rapidly. This should take about 5 seconds. I discovered that the Homelink in my TL is a bit faulty because it took much longer to accomplish this than when programming the Homelink in my MDX. My TL's Homelink may "unlearn" it's code in the future and the needed proximity of the TL to the garage door may be much closer than desired until I get the Homelink fixed.
4. Press training button on garage door opener unit until the indicator lights illuminates- this should be immediate.
5. Within 30 seconds press/hold the Homelink button for 2-3 seconds until the red indicator starts flashing rapidly. Repeat a second time. It should now be programmed. Check it by pressing the programmed button on the Homelink receiver.
6. When programming more than 1 garage door opener unit, disconnect power from unit before programming more units. By not doing this the programmed unit could conflict with the unprogrammed units commands.
1. The Battery in the garage door remote may be too weak to program Homelink. However, the battery may be strong enough to operate the garage door. One of my remote controls had a weak battery- my system was installed today, fresh out of the box. I had to use the second remote control for the programming of Homelink on my 2 vehicles.
2. Antenna on the garage door opener unit must be hanging down, fully extended.
Posted on Dec 08, 2008
SOURCE: Program car to garage opener
on the garage door opener there is a button, that is called the" learning button "you press that button until light blinks, then within 20 seconds press the open button inside car.
Posted on Feb 01, 2009
SOURCE: programming garage door opener
there are three buttons on the opener.hold the 2 outside ones down for 25 to 30 seconds to erase the program. once the light (if equipped)flash rate changes,let go.
then push any one of the the three buttons and hold it in. and then push your remote. when the flash rate changes,the code is now in the homelink transmitter.the slt and slt plus had that feature.
Posted on May 14, 2009
if your garage motor have rolling codes you need to put your car inside garage near the motor leave ignition on go to the motor locate learn button press it then quickly go to the car and press and hold one of the buttons for approximately 30 sec or until it start blinking rapidly, if you have a regular motor take one hand held opener go inside car ignition on same time press open button on handheld remote and on the car button 30 sec and it should be programmed.
Posted on May 18, 2009
Press the outer 2 buttons untill the bink rate changes then release.
Press the button you want to train at the same time you hold down an unused button on one of your factory GDO remotes, hold untill flash rate changes.
Press learn button on GDO, press the button you just programmed in the Tahoe, should be programmed.
(Info should be in users manual under HomeLink.)
Posted on Aug 07, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 06, 2016 | 2014 Toyota RAV4
Jan 11, 2016 | 2013 Toyota RAV4
Feb 24, 2015 | 2014 Ford Escape
Jan 24, 2015 | 2014 Toyota Camry
Aug 30, 2014 | 2014 GMC Sierra 1500
Sep 23, 2012 | 2007 Dodge Caravan SXT Minivan New Cars
Feb 03, 2011 | 2001 GMC Yukon XL
Dec 19, 2010 | GMC Yukon XL Cars & Trucks
Sep 30, 2009 | 2002 Dodge Grand Caravan
Oct 11, 2008 | 2003 Acura MDX
25 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!