Question about Mitsubishi Cars & Trucks
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
The following is verbatum from the mitsu engine overhaul manual... Steps 7 and 8 are a bit cryptic, but it seems like after you tighten the bolts to 20nm in the CORRECT PATTERN... you then go around tightening 1/4 turn through the pattern, then a final 1/4 turn through the pattern... do NOT tighten each bolt to 20, the 1/4 then another 1/4 before going to the next bolt, the idea is to get EVEN tightening across the head, so tighten her three times around the pattern! Now for the verbiage from Mitsu's overhaul manual...
(1) When installing the cylinder head bolts, check that the
shank length of each bolt meets the limit. If the limit is
exceeded, replace the bolt. - Limit: Max. 96.4 mm (3.79 in.)
(2) Install the washers.
(3) Apply engine oil to the bolt threads and washers.
(4) According to the tightening sequence, tighten the bolts to
75 Nm (54 ft.lbs.).
(5) Loosen the bolts completely.
(6) Torque the bolts to 20 Nm (14.5 -ft.lbs.)
(7) Tighten the bolts l/4 turns (90”) more.
(8) Tighten the bolts l/4 turns (90”) additionally.
Posted on Feb 15, 2009
SOURCE: torque the cylinder head bolts
I dont know which engine you have.
1. Torque all center bolts to 25 ft-lbs, torque the 4 corner bolts to 25 ft-lbs
2. Torque all center bolts to 50 ft-lbs, torque the 4 corner bolts to 50 ft-lbs
3. Re-Torque all center bolts to 50 ft-lbs, re-torque the 4 corner bolts to 50 ft-lbs
4. Tighten all bolts in the sequence from #1-#10 an additional 1/4 turn.
1. Torque all bolt to 58 ft-lbs in order
2. Loosen all bolts completely to 0 ft-lbs
3. Torque all bolts to 15 ft-lbs in order
4. Tighten all bolt 1/4 turn in order
5. Tighten all bolts an additional 1/4 turn in order.
ARP Head Studs
1. Tighten all bolts to 40 ft-lbs
2. Tighten in steps of 10 ft-lbs increments until the specified torque that you are looking for is reached. This can vary with the amount of boost you plan on running.
Posted on Jun 30, 2011
80 ft. lbs starting in the midle and evenly working your way out in an x pattern. please rate this answer
Posted on Jan 18, 2012
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 20, 2017 | Mitsubishi Cars & Trucks
Mar 18, 2015 | Mitsubishi Cars & Trucks
Feb 15, 2015 | Mitsubishi Cars & Trucks
Aug 04, 2014 | 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander 2.4
Jul 29, 2014 | 2005 Mitsubishi Colt 1.1
Nov 28, 2011 | 2000 Mitsubishi Galant
Sep 07, 2010 | 1992 Mitsubishi 3000GT
320 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!