Question about 2005 Honda Accord
The most common problem causing this is fixed by simply resetting the gauge control module. This isnt a definite, but it is quick and is worth a shot, you can do it yourself. Follow these directions EXACTLY.
You will lose your radio settings doing this btw.
Make sure you have your radio code before doing this, you will need it.
1. Disconnect the neg battery cable and then disconnect the positive battery cable.
2. Touch the cables together(to each other, not the terminals) for about 2 minutes.
3. Reconnect the positive cable and then the negative cable.
4. Start the engine, it should work normally. (If not let me know and I will tell you your next option)
5. Next, Turn the car on, turn off all electrical stuff like AC and radio.
6. Let the car heat up to regular temperature, then let it idle for 10 minutes. (It may be a rough idle, the computer is relearning how to idle)
7. Shut the engine off.
8. Turn the key to the ON position(not RUN)
9. Make sure the window is all the way up. Now put the window all the way down.
10. Next, put the window all the way up again, and hold the up button for 5 seconds after it has reached the top. (this sets the window auto up feature)
Posted on May 21, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 28, 2015 | Cars & Trucks
Jan 08, 2013 | Cars & Trucks
Jan 14, 2011 | 2000 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner
Sep 30, 2010 | 2004 Chevrolet Suburban
Sep 24, 2010 | 1997 Mercury Mystique
Dec 07, 2009 | 1992 Isuzu Trooper
Oct 04, 2009 | 2003 GMC Yukon Denali
113 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: