Question about 2010 Dodge Grand Caravan
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get 2 Free calls (no credit card required) and instant help on almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, appliances, handyman, and even pets).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: program second key fob
Your key can only be programed at the dealer. They have to use a scan tool and a unique id code that they get from the factory. It is done this way to help insure that the vehicle is less likely to be stolden.
Posted on May 25, 2009
start the car. if that dose not work remove ground form battery then after it stops put ground back on that will reset the alarm.
Posted on Jan 28, 2010
Testimonial: "started the car, shut it off and the alarm quit. But now none of the features work on my key fob."
SOURCE: How to program a used
If this is an used FOB,you will need to take it back to the dealer as the only way to program the fob is with a scan tool. They should do it for free any way as they lost the progra.
Procedure to program NEW FOB :-
Programming The Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) Module
1. Unlock the vehicle and disarm the Vehicle Theft Security System.
2. Insert ignition key into the ignition switch.
3. Turn the ignition switch to RUN position without starting the engine.
4. Using a functional key fob transmitter, press and hold the UNLOCK button for a minimum five seconds (maximum ten seconds).
5. While still holding the UNLOCK button, and before ten seconds passes, press the PANIC button and release both at the same time. A single chime will sound to verify that the RKE module is set to receive the new Vehicle Access Code(s).
6. Within 30 seconds of the chime, press and release the "LOCK" and "UNLOCK" buttons on the transmitter at the same time. Then press and release any one of the buttons. The BCM will sound an abbreviated chime to acknowledge that the programming of the transmitter has been completed and was successful.
7. Repeat step 6 for all transmitters that will be used with this vehicle, up to 4 total.
8. Programming mode will last for 30 seconds. To get out of programming mode sooner, turn the ignition OFF. A single chime will sound to verify that the RKE module will no longer accept additional Vehicle Access Code(s).
9. When Vehicle Access Code(s) programming is complete, turn the ignition switch to the OFF position and verify RKE system operation using each key fob.
Let me know,if needed further assistance.
Kindly accept my solution.
Thanks for using ' Fixya ' and have a nice day!!
Posted on May 11, 2011
If all else fails try disconnecting the battery for 30secs or so... It worked for us!! Saved big$$ on towing it in and the dealerships doing the same thing..
Posted on Apr 18, 2012
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 28, 2016 | 2011 Dodge Grand Caravan
Jan 24, 2016 | 2000 Dodge Grand Caravan
Jun 22, 2015 | 2004 Dodge Caravan
Nov 13, 2014 | Cars & Trucks
Feb 16, 2014 | 2010 Dodge Grand Caravan
Dec 15, 2013 | 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan
Nov 12, 2013 | 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan
Aug 13, 2017 | Dodge Grand Caravan Cars & Trucks
Jul 03, 2009 | 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan
Oct 04, 2016 | 2010 Dodge Grand Caravan
139 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: