no year(94-present) stated. and under kia dont help much.
its at alldtata.com, i read all the steps and not skip one, I WOULD.
wild guess, #1 a 2005 RAV4
2.0L 3sfe. inline 4 cylinder, not V6
here is the one i see on the FSM.
my gates belts all come with a manual. RTM?
if you buy the belt at a dealer they assume you have the FSM.
FSM, install, steps
- Install the oil pump pulley. Tighten the nut to 18 ft. lbs. (24 Nm).
- Install the crankshaft timing pulley. Align the pulley set key with the key groove of the pulley. Slide on the pulley facing the flange side inward.
- Install the No. 2 idler pulley and tighten the mounting bolt to 31 ft. lbs. (42 Nm). Be sure that the pulley moves smoothly.
- Install the No. 1 idler pulley with the bolt and the tension spring. Pry the pulley toward the left as far as it will go and tighten the bolt. Make sure that the pulley moves smoothly.
- Temporarily install the timing belt. Using the crankshaft pulley bolt, turn the crankshaft and position the key groove of the crankshaft timing pulley upward. If reusing the timing belt, align the points marked during removal.
- Install the timing belt on the crankshaft timing pulley, oil pump pulley, No. 1 idler pulley, water pump pulley and the No. 2 idler pulley.
- Install the timing belt guide.
- Install the lower (No. 1) timing belt cover and new gasket with the 4 bolts.
- Align the crankshaft pulley set key with the pulley key groove. Temporarily install the crankshaft pulley and bolt.
- Align the camshaft knock pin with the groove of the pulley, and slide the timing pulley onto the camshaft with the plate washer and set bolt.
- Tighten the pulley set bolt to 40 ft. lbs. (54 Nm).
- Turn the crankshaft pulley and align the 0 mark on the lower (No. 1) timing belt cover.
- Finish installing the timing belt and check the valve timing, as follows:
- If reusing the old timing belt, align the matchmarks made previously and install the timing belt onto the camshaft pulley.
- Align the marks on the timing belt with the marks on the camshaft pulley.
- Loosen the No. 1 idler pulley set bolt 1 / 2 turn.
- Turn the crankshaft pulley 2 complete revolutions TDC to TDC. ALWAYS turn the crankshaft CLOCKWISE. Check that the pulleys are still in alignment with the timing marks.
- If the No. 1 idler pulley uses a green tension spring, slowly turn the crankshaft pulley 1 7 / 8 revolutions, and align its groove with the mark at 45 degrees BTDC (for the No. 1 cylinder) of the No. 1 timing belt cover.
- Tighten the No. 1 idler pulley set bolt to 31 ft. lbs. (42 Nm).
- Be sure there is belt tension between the crankshaft and camshaft timing pulleys.
- Place the right-hand engine mounting bracket in position but do not install the bolts.
- Install the upper (No. 2) timing cover with a new gasket(s).
- Remove the engine crankshaft pulley bolt and pulley.
- Using SST 09249-63010, or equivalent, install the mounting bolts for the right-hand mounting bracket. Tighten the mounting bolts to 38 ft. lbs. (52 Nm).
- Align the crankshaft pulley set key with the pulley key groove. Install the pulley. Tighten the pulley bolt to 80 ft. lbs. (108 Nm).
- Install the spark plugs.
- Install the right-hand mounting insulator, as follows:
- Attach the mounting insulator to the body and mounting bracket with the 4 bolts and 2 nuts.
- Tighten the 3 bolts to hold the mounting insulator to the body. Tighten the bolts to 47 ft. lbs. (64 Nm).
- Tighten the 2 nuts and bolt to hold the mounting insulator to the mounting bracket. Tighten the bolt to 27 ft. lbs. (37 Nm) and the nut to 38 ft. lbs. (52 Nm).
- Install and adjust the power steering pump drive belt.
- Install the right-hand engine undercover.
- Install the right front wheel.
- Lower the engine.
- If equipped, install the ABS actuator.
- Install the alternator and alternator bracket.
- Install the wiring harness bracket for the DLC1.
- Install the power steering reservoir bracket and reservoir.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Start the engine and check the timing.
step 13.4 is never to be skipped. ask why., most do. and it fails.