Question about 2005 Chrysler 300
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get to try the service completely Free afterwhich it costs $6 per call and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
The fans are turned on by the PCM, if the PCM is not telling the fans to turn on, they won't even if everything tests fine.
2005 Chrysler 300 V8-5.7L VIN H
Coolant Temperature Sensor/Switch (For Computer): Service and Repair
ENGINE COOLANT TEMP SENSOR
The Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) sensor (3) on the 5.7L engine is located under the air conditioning compressor. It is installed into a water jacket at the front of the cylinder block.
WARNING: HOT, PRESSURIZED COOLANT CAN CAUSE INJURY BY SCALDING. COOLING SYSTEM MUST BE
PARTIALLY DRAINED BEFORE REMOVING THE COOLANT TEMPERATURE SENSOR.
1. Partially drain the cooling system.
2. Remove accessory drive belt.
3. Carefully unbolt air conditioning compressor from front of engine. Do not disconnect any A/C hoses from compressor. Temporarily support
compressor to gain access to ECT sensor (3).
4. Disconnect electrical connector (2) from sensor (3).
5. Remove sensor (3) from cylinder block.
1. Apply thread sealant to sensor threads.
2. Install ECT sensor (3) to engine.
3. Tighten sensor to 11 Nm (97.3 inch lbs.) torque.
4. Connect electrical connector (2) to ECT sensor (3).
5. Fill the cooling system.
Posted on Sep 10, 2009
An EGR valve is simple enough to replace. The part alone costs roughly $90.
It is located at the back of the engine.
If you take a look, there will be a Iron rod going from the back of your intake manifold ... downwards ... its going to the EGR Valve.
Posted on Nov 12, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 24, 2017 | Chrysler Cars & Trucks
Dec 20, 2015 | Chrysler Cars & Trucks
Mar 18, 2015 | Chrysler Cars & Trucks
Aug 10, 2014 | Chrysler 300C Cars & Trucks
May 08, 2014 | 2005 Chrysler 300
Dec 08, 2013 | 2006 Chrysler 300
Oct 27, 2009 | 2007 Chrysler 300c AWD Sedan New Cars
Jun 30, 2009 | 2005 Chrysler 300
14 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!