Question about Cars & Trucks
Posted by Anonymous on
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 16, 2015 | 2000 Nissan Frontier
May 17, 2014 | 2006 Chrysler Pacifica
Dec 23, 2013 | 2001 Mitsubishi Montero
Feb 02, 2013 | 2004 Pontiac Aztek
Welcome to FixYa.com
1. Remove air cleaner and air intake hose assembly.
2. Remove center dash trim panel.
3. Remove center console cup holder assembly.
4. Remove floor console assembly.
5. Remove console side panels.
6. Remove Transmission Control Module ftMJ bracket.
1. Remove TCM.
8. Remove shifter cable from transaxle operating lever by removing nut and clip.
9. Remove shifter cable from shifter lever assembly by removing clip.
10. Remove shifter cable from shifter lever mechanism.
11. Remove cable from firewall grommet by removing grommet assembly nuts.
12. Remove gearshift cable from vehicle.
Lift and rotate the gearshift hand lever into the park (F9 gate position and remove the ignition
key. This confirms the shift lever is in the gated park (F9 position.
After confirming the park gate position. turn the ignition switch . If the starter will operate. the
park gate position is correct. Move the shift lever into the neutral (NJ position. If the starter
will operate in this position, the linkage is properly adjusted. If the starter fails to operate in
either position, linkage adjustment is required.
1. Park the vehicle on level ground and set the parking brake.
2. Place the gearshift lever in park (F9 gate position and remove key.
3. Loosen the cable adjustment screw at the transaxle operating lever.
4. Pull the transaxle operating lever fully forward to the park detent position.
5. Release the park brake, then rock the vehicle to assure it is in park lock. Reset the park
6. Tighten the cable adjustment screw to 8 Nm (10 inch Ibs.J. Gearshift cable should now be
1. Check adjustment by usinq the precedinq procedure.
Thank you for Using FixYa.com
Kind Regards, Lee
Your Master Technician FixYa Expert
Jan 31, 2011 | 1997 Chrysler Sebring
Oct 29, 2010 | 2004 Chrysler Pacifica
Jul 12, 2010 | Dodge Avenger Cars & Trucks
Apr 25, 2010 | 2008 Dodge Avenger
Jan 02, 2010 | 1999 Pontiac Firebird
Dec 21, 2008 | 1992 Mazda MX-5
Nov 18, 2017 | Mazda Cars & Trucks
45 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!