Question about Cars & Trucks
To set top heads at exact alignment
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Here is a diagram, I just want to make sure we have the correct information or engine damage will occur. double check these specs. 1999 ISUZU TROOPER V-6 WITH A 3.2 OR 3.5 ENGINE.
Here are two diagrams to line up camshafts and crankshaft. hope this is helpful. good day.
Posted on Mar 02, 2012
This is the same for many years. I will send this in 2 post it is to long.
Hope this helps you.
From the '00 Rodeo workshop manual:
Cylinder Head Assembly
1. Disconnect battery ground cable.
2. Disconnect connector of intake air temperature
sensor from intake air duct.
3. Remove PCV hose from air intake duct.
4. Remove nut from air intake duct bracket and loosen
hose clamp on throttle body. Remove air intake duct
assembly with air cleaner cover.
5. Remove intake air duct bracket from cylinder head.
6. Drain engine coolant.
7. Move drive belt tensioner to loose side using wrench
then remove drive belt.
8. Remove radiator upper hose from engine side.
9. Remove four nuts of exhaust front pipe.
10. Remove three bolts from generator bracket then
remove the generator with brackets.
11. Disconnect crankshaft angle sensor connector.
12. Disconnect knock sensor connector.
13. Remove heater hose from adapter side.
14. Remove heater hose from water pipe side.
15. Remove water hose between water pipe and throttle
16. Remove fuel pipe joint eye bolts from fuel rail
assembly and remove fuel pipe bracket with electric
17. Disconnect connector for evaporation valve.
18. Remove canister hose.
19. Remove fixing nut of intake manifold stay from
cylinder block side.
20. Remove two bolts from intake manifold for water pipe
support and remove cylinder head assembly.
21. Remove engine harness cover and disconnect three
connectors from chassis harness on left rear side
22. Disconnect connector for power steering pump
23. Remove four bolts and remove crankshaft pulley.
ENGINE MECHANICAL (X22SE 2.2L) 6A–23
24. Remove two bolts and nut then remove timing belt
25. Remove ventilation hose from cylinder block side and
from cylinder head side.
26. Remove two bolts, ignition cable cover and remove
ignition cables from spark plug.
27. Disconnect camshaft angle sensor connector.
28. Remove ten bolts and remove cylinder head cover.
29. Remove fixing bolt of timing belt tensioner then
remove timing belt tensioner.
30. Remove timing belt.
Do not bend or twist belt, otherwise its core could
be damaged. The belt should not be bent at a
radius less than 30 mm.
Timing belt drive gear counterhold with J–42620.
Do not allow oil or other chemical substances to
come in contact with the belt. They will shorten
Do not attempt to pry or stretch the belt with a
screw driver or any other tool during installation.
Store timing belt in cool and dark place. Never
expose the belt direct sunlight or heat.
31. Remove two idle pulleys, the left side with idle pulley
32. Remove two bolts and stud bolt and remove timing
belt rear cover.
33. Remove camshaft angle sensor
34. Disconnect engine oil pressure switch connector.
35. Remove camshaft assembly exhaust side.
36. Use J–42623 to remove ten cylinder head fixing bolts
6A–24 ENGINE MECHANICAL (X22SE 2.2L)
1. Put cylinder head gasket on the cylinder block.
2. Install the cylinder head assembly, tighten cylinder
head bolts by four steps tightening method in the
following sequence to the specified torque.(use
Torque: 25 N·m (18 lb ft) + 90 + 90 + 90
3. Install camshaft assembly exhaust side and tighten
camshaft bracket bolts in the sequence to the
Torque: 8 N·m (5.9 lb ft)
4. Connect engine oil pressure switch connector.
5. Install camshaft angle sensor.
6. Install the timing belt rear cover and tighten three
bolts to the specified torque.
M6 bolt: 6 N·m (4.4 lb ft)
M8 bolt: 8 N·m (5.8 lb ft)
7. Install left side idle pulley with idle pulley bracket,
tighten to the specified torque and install right side
idle pulley and tighten to the specified torque.
Torque: 25 N·m (18 lb ft)
ENGINE MECHANICAL (X22SE 2.2L) 6A–25
Posted on Oct 09, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 22, 2017 | Cars & Trucks
Jan 22, 2017 | Isuzu Cars & Trucks
Dec 03, 2016 | Isuzu Cars & Trucks
Nov 30, 2016 | Isuzu Cars & Trucks
Nov 10, 2016 | Isuzu Cars & Trucks
Jun 14, 2016 | Isuzu Cars & Trucks
Mar 01, 2016 | Isuzu Cars & Trucks
Oct 15, 2015 | Isuzu Cars & Trucks
Jun 28, 2014 | Cars & Trucks
117 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!