Question about 2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer
HOW DO YOU FIX DRIVERS WINDOW THAT CAME OFF THE TRACK?
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: window is off track
1. remove door panel, door latch handle and window crank unless it is electric, then remove electric control panel , usually on top of arm rest.
2, Remove insulation sound barrier (plastic sheet)
3. Inspect window for damage. If none is found, notice where the window normally slides up and down in what is called tracks. There is felt material inside the tracks.
4. Also look to see if the window has dropped out of the two crossed arms that have white plastic rollers on them. Be careful handling these arms because they are very sharp.
5. Look for small tabs holding track to door. Usually top and bottom. Loosen these screws slightly until you can move them back widening the distance between both tracks so that you will be able to slide the window back into the tracks.
6.Once the window is back in track, move the loosened track back up so its just touching the window, then retighten the screws.
7. Test window operation.
8. If the window comes off tracks again, window regular is causing problem and should be replaced.
Hope this helps.
If you would like to correspond further with me on this or any other issue, please feel free to do so.
ASE Master Technician
Posted on Nov 26, 2008
SOURCE: Rear window is off track
Its a little time consuming,pretty straight forward. I would send the job out to a body shop . They do this in there sleep and if after you remove the door panel you determine that the regulator is rotted or missing parts , your not waiting around for days with a busted window for your parts to come in. Money well spent. especially if your vandalized or it rains( not to mention the glass window will cut you if your not careful.) Also the sheet metal fram arond this window claims skin even from a pro.
Posted on Apr 07, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 04, 2011 | 2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
Sep 08, 2011 | 2004 Dodge Dakota
May 31, 2011 | 1999 Oldsmobile Alero
Feb 01, 2011 | 2000 Lincoln Navigator
Sep 08, 2010 | 1998 Suzuki Swift
Mar 07, 2010 | 2004 Ford F150
Jan 02, 2010 | 2005 Nissan Altima
Nov 16, 2009 | 2001 Nissan Pathfinder
Aug 06, 2009 | 1980 Chevrolet Corvette
26 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: