Question about 1986 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer
Sounds like e.g.r. valve is stuck and not fuctioning because of carbon build up, you will have to take off and clean, and clean inside intake where it bolts on, use a shop vac for that, also you can buy a screan gasget at any auto parts store to keep any particals you miss in intake from geting back into e.g.r. valve. this should cure both your problems.
Posted on May 17, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 08, 2017 | Cars & Trucks
Apr 03, 2014 | 2004 Chevrolet Malibu
The engine control module (ECM) learns the idle position of the throttle plate to ensure the correct idle. Anytime the throttle body is cleaned or replaced, the ECM must learn the new throttle position. The idle may be unstable or a DTC may set if the throttle position is not learned.
Conditions for Running the Throttle Learn Procedure
• DTCs P0101, P0102, P0103, P0107, P0108, P0111, P0112, P0113, P0506, and P0507 are not set.
• The engine speed is between 450-4,000 RPM.
• The manifold absolute pressure (MAP) is greater than 5 kPa.
• The mass air flow (MAF) is greater than 2 g/s.
• The ignition 1 voltage is greater than 10 volts.
Important: Do NOT perform this procedure if DTCs are set. Refer to Diagnostic Trouble Code
(DTC) List - Vehicle.
1. Start and idle the engine in PARK for 3 minutes.
2. With a scan tool, monitor desired and actual RPM.
3. The ECM will start to learn the new idle cells and Desired RPM should start to decrease.
4. Ignition OFF for 60 seconds.
5. Start and idle the engine in PARK for 3 minutes.
6. After the 3 minute run time the engine should be idling normal.
Important: During the drive cycle the check engine light may come on with idle speed DTCs. If idle speed codes are set, clear codes so the ECM can continue to learn.
* If the engine idle speed has not been learned the vehicle will need to be driven at
speeds above 70 km/h (44 mph) with several decelerations and extended idles.
7. After the drive cycle, the engine should be idling normally.
* If the engine idle speed has not been learned, turn OFF the ignition for 60 seconds
and repeat step 6.
8. Once the engine speed has returned to normal, clear DTCs.
Mar 04, 2014 | 1995 GMC Sierra
Here is the common cause of surges, cold stalls, stalls at stops, slow idle speed, erratic idle speed, rough idle and engine hesitation (and other problems), it is in most cases the idle speed control air-bypass valve and or throttle valve and upper intake, these area's get full of gunk and combustion residue over the miles and cause idle issues (stalls, low idle) like yours.
To correct this problem Buy a can of throttle valve cleaner (it is made by CRC) from the local auto parts store, NEVER USE CARB CLEANING SPRAY, IT DESTROYS THE ANTI-STICK TEFLON COATING, spray it into the air intake through the throttle body of the engine until you have used about half the can, you will need to hold the idle up while you do this, it will try to stall, after this shut the engine down and disconnect the Negative (-) battery cable for 5 minutes. The intake is now clean, if you continue to have the idle speed control problems you may need to seek the help of a professional.
Dec 04, 2011 | 1991 Ford F150
May 25, 2010 | 1991 Buick Park Avenue
Apr 08, 2010 | 1997 Plymouth Voyager
Aug 12, 2009 | 1997 GMC Jimmy
May 20, 2009 | 1997 Buick LeSabre
Dec 14, 2008 | 1987 Ford F 150
Sep 04, 2008 | GMC K2500 Cars & Trucks
108 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: