Question about Buick Regal
If your engine is getting too hot, it can be in the cooling system, like the water pump, radiator, belt and the like, or engine timing may be off, and so forth. You even may have low coolant or a head gasket problem or cracked head, depending on the diagnostics. If that’s not the case then it sounds like the CKP (Crankshaft sensor) is faulty.
1. Scope the Yellow and Light Blue/White wires at the Ignition Control Module (ICM) cranking, using a scope when no spark occurs.
2. Or back probe these wires one at a time with a Digital Volt Ohmmeter (DVOM) and rotate the engine by hand. Both signals should toggle from 6-10 volts and down to 0 volts.
3. If the voltage does not toggle, retest voltage at these wires at the crank sensor harness. With the sensor unplugged, should be 6-10 volts.
4. Test B+ at the White/Black wire and B- at the Red/Gray wire at the CKP harness.
5. Make sure the voltage pulls down to 0 volts.
Also check the spark plugs and please check this link for more assistance.
Please do accept the solution and revert for further assistance.
Posted on May 17, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get to try the service completely Free afterwhich it costs $6 per call and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 23, 2015 | Cars & Trucks
Nov 22, 2014 | 2003 GMC Sierra 1500
Mar 18, 2014 | Honda Odyssey Cars & Trucks
Oct 24, 2013 | 2002 Ford Taurus
If you mean that it starts fine when cold, but if you stop & turn off the engine (to to pop into a shop for example) then try to restart and get absolutely no turning over, then you need to replace your battery. It has a short or crack which is expanding when hot creating your problem.
Jul 31, 2012 | 1997 Ford Explorer AWD
Jun 16, 2010 | 1993 BMW 3 Series
May 26, 2010 | 2003 Dodge Stratus
May 21, 2009 | 1994 Mazda 323
Dec 27, 2008 | 1993 Volvo 240
100 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: