Shorts out plug wires every 6 months.they glow like bad wires can touch them wont shock you.if you give it gas under hood when you first push gas they ark. loss of power.runs good when cold. use good wires.gone threw about 20 sets wires.ac ,delco belden this veh has been checked out in every way.all grounds ok new dist system everything new on this.veh.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
It's likely a bad glow plug relay found on the left fender well. You may have bad glow plugs as well. You should hear a faint click when you turn the key to glow psn. . Open the hood and have someone glow it. The click should be abvious and the wires will run from the relay to the glow plugs. also obvious.
this could be a lot of things. look under the hood for a loose plug wire. Look under the hood at night with the engine running to see if the spark plug wires are emitting sparks or are glowing. If so, do not touch the wires or you'll get a severe shock. Replace all the wires if they are bad. If the plug wires are okay, check for a loose wire or loose vacuum hose.
This could be a lot of things. Start with the basics. Since it is dark right now, if the car is in a safe area where there is little lite, raise the hood and start the engine. Do not use a flashlight, but look under the hood where the spark plug wires are and the coil wire. If you see what looks like sparks or a soft glow coming from the wires, they are bad and need to be replaced. Do not attempt to touch the wires as you'll get a bad shock.
I just changed a set on my car and gained 3 mpg.
If that isn't it, look for any loose vacuum hoses under the hood using a light. Clean the airfilter and check the spark plugs themselves to see if they are worn enough to warrant replacement.
you need to inspect all AC WIRING, to find the SHORT, thats causing the fuse to blow ! donot put another fuse in until you locate the shorted condition, ( bad connection, frayed wire, bare wire touching metal along this circuit, you might have a bad switch, your ac has two switches under hood, one @ high pressure side and one @ low pressure side. and your main control switch, check all wires & connections
the starter selenoid is most like bad or you could have a short in the wire to your starter causing heat to build. Heat causes battery to not be able to turn the cars engine. waiting lets the resistance to disapear. and the cycle continues
Replace the fuel filter first thing. Remove the battery cables and clean the cable connections and the battery connections. Check all electrical connections under the hood to insure they are tight and secure. Look at all wiring for any wire that may be shorting out as in a bare wire touching metal.
You started the right way.
It sounds like it needs a tune-up.
Change the sparkplugs - Use Autolite Platinum ($3.87 for two at WalMart; $6 each at AutoZone)
Also, check for faulty sparkplug cables as follows:
1. When it is getting dark outside, set the parking/emergency brake.
2. Open the hood.
3. Start the car and look under hood for "sparks" from the sparkplug cables to the engine (or other metal part).
4. DON'T TOUCH anything under the hood! The cables can shock you (bad!) or the fan can cut you or the Boogeyman may reach out ... (sorry)...
5. Turn off car .. that ends the cable spark test.
6. Replace ALL sparkplug cables if any create a light show under the hood.
First of all, when you replaced the timing belt did you replace the balance shaft belt also. Next have you checked the fluid level in the master cylinder? If the brake light doesn't come on when you apply the parking brake the switch might be bad. The bulb isn't bad because it comes on when you apply the brake. The turn signal bulb on the dash might be burned out. Is the hood release cable and the gas door cable handles right next to each other?
sounds like a bad alternator,...have that checked out as well as the ground on your battery and frame. And you shouldnt have gotten shocked by grabbing one of the wires goin to the spark plugs....that means your wires are bad, the insulation is cracked around them causing it to possibly short out causing it to missfire.....replace wires n spark plugs....might as well just give it a tune up.