Toyota kluger 1007 how to remedy vsc light on. vsc not on
Not sure if this will help, but my 2002 LEXUS sc430 had this issue, and it turns out that if you plug any scan tool other than the dealer unit in, it will cause this VSC lights to come on. It requires that you reset the "zero point calibration" for the skid system, which is done by first: have car on level ground with less than 1% slope in any direction. Next, follow these directions:
If you receive the "VSC" and "VSC Off" lights on the dashboard after a visit to a mechanic (often an independent mechanic using non-Lexus ODBII equipment), this means your "Zero Point Calibration" has been erroneously reset by a non-Lexus specific ODBII tool. This might especially happen if your state requires state inspection via ODBII, and you take your Lexus to a no-name place (like a Jiffy Lube or something). Follow the steps described in Post #6 in this thread to resolve this issue:
Note that where you see a reference to a tool called the "SST 09843--18040", substitute that "tool" for a simple jumper cable (such as a short speaker wire) or a paperclip.
Here is the relevant excerpt from the above thread:
"The solution consists of approximately 15 step .
NOTE:While performing the Zero Point Calibration, do not tilt, move or shake the vehicle.
The vehicle must remain in a stationary condition throughout the entire process.
Be sure to perform the procedure on a level surface with an inclination of less than 1%.
Explanation of symbols:
SST (4-inch wire)
DLC3 (OBD-II connector under the dash)
TS (on the top row,pin number 3)
CG (on the bottom row,pin number 5)
(See picture below)
1. Ensure the shift lever is in the ''P'' range.
2. Turn the ignition switch Off.
3. Using SST 09843--18040, repeat a cycle of short and open between terminals Ts and
CG of DLC3 4 times or more within 8 seconds (refer to the specific vehicle EWD for
TS and CG pin location in the DLC3).
4. Turn the ignition switch ON, do not start.
5. Verify that the VSC indicator light is lit indicating the recorded zero point is erased.
6. Turn the ignition switch OFF.
7. Be sure the terminals Ts and CG of DLC3 are disconnected.
8. Turn the ignition switch ON, do not start.
9. Check that the VSC warning light goes off about 15 seconds after the ignition switch
is turned ON.
10. After ensuring that the VSC warning light remains OFF for 2 seconds, turn the ignition
11. Connect terminals Ts and CG of DLC3 using SST 09843--18040.
12. Turn the ignition switch ON, do not start.
13. After turning the ignition switch ON, check that the VSC warning light is lit for about
4 seconds and then starts quick blinking at 0.13 second intervals.
14. After ensuring the blinking of the VSC warning light for 2 seconds, turn the ignition
15. Remove the SST from terminals Ts and CG of DLC3.
16. Drive the vehicle for at least 5 minutes to confirm Zero Point Calibration is complete."
Oct 03, 2016 |
Toyota Cars & Trucks