Question about 2003 Honda Civic
Help replace brake pads
Break pads are easy to replace......this is what you should do
things you need: hex keys for if the bolts are socket like....or a good pair of plyers if they overlap.......
1. open you cars hood
2. remove the cap off you brake fluid reservoir.
get some fluid out of it first.
3. now its time to remove the tires.
4. ok look at the rotors and you should see the calipers.
5. its time to get the calipers out.
6. unscrew the bolts "there should be two only"
7. now that you have taken the calipers off take the break pads off aswell.
8. make shure you dont twist the hoses too much or they will break.
9. now its time to compress the caliper cylinders...
10. if you have a "c-****" get it out get one of you old break pads and place it on top of the cylinder, then get the c-**** on it and start twisting until it compreses back,"be careful not to go to far"
11. if you are successful compressing them...now its time to get the pads on.
12. make shure you put them right "the one that clips goes in the cylinder and the other one goes in at the front of the rotor.
13. dont missplace them or they will not work well.
14. if you are succesfull puting them back were they belong, now its time to get the calipers back on the rotor.
15. make shure that your calipers move freely, because if they dont them they will produce excessive friction and perhaps even rotor wear
16. its time to check the fluid. make shure you dont over fill just a little bit below max line is good. because as your brake wear and so will the fluid go down.
17. put tire on and start driving just a little bit...make shure that your brakes work and you should be good to go...
Posted on May 14, 2009
a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 24, 2013 | 2006 Honda Civic
Aug 21, 2013 | Cars & Trucks
Apr 14, 2010 | 2003 Honda Civic
Jan 09, 2010 | 1990 Honda Civic
Oct 05, 2009 | 2001 Honda Civic
Jun 30, 2009 | 2003 Honda Element
Jun 02, 2009 | 2005 Honda Civic
May 29, 2009 | 2005 Honda Civic
365 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!