Question about 1999 Ford Taurus
HI. there can be many issues here that can cause what you are experiencing at this time. I will list some areas that you should inspect below.
1. Inspect the fresh air intake hose. this hose may be clogged or damaged. replace if needed.
2. Inspect the Fuel pump. This device may have low pressure at this point and, during a correction when in transit, it will cause a surge. this low pressure state can be caused by low voltage or a bad pressure regulator as well. inspect this device thoroughly. replace if needed.
3. Inspect the Intake Manifold Gasket. this gasket may be leaking, worn or, damaged. any issues with this particular gasket will cause surges(erratic Accelerations). replace if damage is shown.
4. Inspect the fuel filter for clog's. if the filter is clogged, it will cause surges as well. replace if needed.
5. Inspect each fuel injector for malfunctioning properties. if the fuel injector(s) are worn or dirty, this will cause many issues with the idle and acceleration as well. test accordingly.
6. Insect all O2 sensors for there operational values. these sensors, if malfunctioning, can cause surging as well. test accordingly for wiring issues and defective sensor housings.(if the O2 sensors are bad, you will have a check engine light on)..
You will find the issue in one or more areas above. inspect thoroughly in each listed area above for faults.
Please rate and god bless:)
Posted on May 13, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 15, 2013 | Cars & Trucks
Jan 08, 2018 | 2001 Ford Taurus
Feb 23, 2013 | Cars & Trucks
Jan 24, 2010 | 1998 Ford Taurus
Mar 16, 2017 | 1996 Ford Windstar
Sep 01, 2009 | 2002 Ford Taurus
Jul 14, 2009 | 1994 Ford Taurus
Jan 24, 2009 | 1999 Ford Taurus
Sep 18, 2008 | 1999 Ford Taurus
271 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: