An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
Re: How to replace remote passanger mirror on Saturn...
They have 2 white retainers on the back of the corner trim panel.They usually just pop off,gently pry from the top & it should come off.Sometime the retainers pull off the trim.If this happens just slide them back in before you re-install. Hope this helps
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
remove the triangle trim piece on the interior side of door (usually snap on a delicate pry with a flat head screw driver will do the trick)
next remove the (3) 10mm nuts securing the mirror to the door, next unplug the mirror by squeezing the plug connector, pull the mirror of the outside of vehicle. Reverse this order during installation and you should be fine.
Note the mirror may fall and scrath the paint while the nuts are off, keep a hand on the old mirror to prevent from falling during removal
1. Remove the door latch trim plate (coupe and sedan front doors).
2. Remove the ashtray (sedan rear doors).
3. Remove the seat belt retractor cover (coupe and sedan front doors). Use a suitable door trim panel removal tool to release the clip retainers
4. Remove the door lock trim plate and the power window switch, if so equipped.
5. Remove the window regulator handle by removing the inner retaining clip, if so equipped.
6. Remove the remote mirror control, if so equipped
7. Remove the trim panel retaining screws
8. Remove the door trim panel using a door trim panel removing to work loose the retainer clips.
9. Detach all electrical and remote mirror controls, as required.
10. Install the wiring harnesses through the openings in the panel, as equipped.
11. Position the trim panel to the door and align the clips. Press the trim panel to the door until all the clips are fully engaged. Align all the holes before engaging the clips.
12. Install the screws, remote mirror control and inside door handle bezel, as equipped.
13. Install the window regulator handle or power window switch.
14. Install the door trim plate, seat belt retractor cover or ashtray.
to remove actuator remove screw behind door handle this will alow panel to come loose then lift out actuator bezle and remove switch.
to remove mirror open passenger door pry off small trim plate behind mirror remove rubber material disconnect small wire remove 3 nuts and remove mirror
you need to remove the trim pannel parallel to the mirror on the inside of the vehicle, normally triangle shaped, from there there will be 3-4 nuts or bolts you need to remove, once that is done the mirror will be free to be removed.
On my '97, there was a triangular shaped piece of plastic on the inside trim that had to be removed. I think all three mounting screws were under that. It's been a few years, but I think that was how it was done. I remember it was pretty easy though.