Question about 2001 Ford Ranger Regular Cab
Yes, the seat has to come out , you may possibly hae to pull the seat frame apart. make sre the vehicle is not equiped with seatbelt pre-tensioner.
Posted on May 19, 2009
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 06, 2016 | 2014 GMC Acadia
Dec 07, 2014 | 2005 Ford Expedition
Dec 13, 2013 | 1999 Chevrolet Malibu
Mar 09, 2011 | GMC Yukon XL Cars & Trucks
Welcome to FixYa.com
Latch Replacement - Endgate
1. Lowerthe endgate.
2. Loosen the handle bolts.
3. Raise the endgate.
4. Remove the handle bezel by prying gently on the upper retainer tabs.
5. Disengage the linkage rods (1).
6. Lower and support the endgate.
1. Remove the cables from the side panel cable retainer bolts.
8. Remove the bolt holding the latch assembly.
l_1m a gj
9. Disengage the linkage rod from the latch assembly.
10. Remove the latch assembly from the endgate.
1. Engage the linkage rod to the latch assembly.
2. Install the latch assembly to the vehicle.
Notice: Refer to Fastener Notice in Service Precautions.
3. Install the latch assembly bolts.
Tighten the bolts to 25 N.m [18 Ib if).
4. Connect the cables on each side of the endgate to the side panel cable retainer bolts.
5. Engage the linkage rods (1J.
6. Raise the endgate.
7. Install the endgate handle bezel. Pressing into place until fully seated.
8. Tighten the handle bolts.
Tiqhten the bolts to 25 N.m 118 lb ftl.
Thank you for Using FixYa.com
Kind Regards, Lee
Your FixYa Expert and Master Technician
Jan 31, 2011 | 2005 Chevrolet Avalanche
Apr 18, 2010 | 1992 Buick Century
Feb 24, 2010 | 2001 Chevrolet Cavalier
Dec 10, 2009 | 2004 Honda Accord
Oct 25, 2009 | 2009 Hyundai Sonata
Oct 07, 2008 | 1993 Toyota Corolla
Dec 22, 2015 | 2001 Ford Ranger Regular Cab
363 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: