Question about 1997 Mazda Millenia
I have a mazda millenia L and there alot of problem that I don;t know about .
1. my gas is going quick like 5mile per gallon
2. I have a ticking noise in my engine the guy at az said it might be my valves or camshaft
3.check engine light started blinking on me why
4. can i put a supercharger or a turbo in the millenia L not the S type
No promises or guarnatees just educated guesses.
1/3. Obviously the fuel map embedded in the ecu is set up for much better gas mileage than 5 mpg. It sounds as though your sesors could be one of the culprits. AFM (air fuel meter) could be reading wrong and telling your ecu that there is much more air than there really is coming in. MAP (manifold air pressure) same as the afm, depends on which your car has. TPS (throttle position sensor) could be telling your ecu that your engine is asking for more fuel than it needs. There are many sensors in your vehicle that tell the ecu how much fuel is needed and how much air is coming in. It just depends on which ones you have. This is also why your check engine light is coming on. To find out you will need to have your vehicle codes scanned. Once that is done you will know in most cases exactly what needs to be done.
2. Ticking noise-- again there is not one definite solution. There are a lot of could-bes. The easiest way to pinpoint exactly what and where the tick is coming from is to take a long metal rod like a long screwdriver or a 3/8" extension and touch it to various points on the engine, such as on the valve cover above the first cylinder, above the second, and so on. The rod will magnify the vibrations from the tick.
4. Technically you can put a supercharger/ turbo on anything that relies on more air= more power. It depends on your wallet. My suggestion is to locate a shop that works on factory turbo cars. They at least have some knowledge on the subject.
Posted on May 10, 2009
a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 25, 2011 | 2001 Mazda Millenia
Jun 16, 2010 | 1998 Mazda Millenia
Feb 08, 2010 | 2002 Mazda Millenia
Jan 25, 2010 | 2002 Mazda Millenia
Oct 18, 2009 | 1995 Mazda Millenia
Jul 04, 2009 | 1997 Mazda Millenia
Jun 06, 2009 | 1997 Mazda Millenia
Feb 14, 2009 | 1999 Mazda Millenia
Aug 12, 2015 | 1997 Mazda Millenia
232 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: