Question about Saab 900

1 Answer

I have a 4 inch round hole in the floor of my car. Its on the under side. Can I use one of the kits available at auto stores to fix this?

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that gotĀ 5 achievements.


    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 20 times.


    An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.

  • Expert
  • 37 Answers

You can probably find a grommet to fill the hole, 4 inch is pretty big so it's tough to say for sure. If it's from rust, the best fix is grind the rust off, and make the hole a little bigger (because the metal around the hole would be weak if this hole is from rust) then weld or bolt a plate or sheet of metal on to cover the hole.

You could always do the duct tape fix, duct tape over the hole, and maybe use a floor mat inside the vehicle so the "patch up" is not visible.

Posted on May 09, 2009


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

How to change a fuel filter on 1998 F-150

The fuel filter is located inside the frame rail on the drivers side under the truck, it is a round canister about the size of a soup can. The lines are held on by internal spring clips and you need a special tool to release them. The line release tool kit is available from A\any NAPA or Carquest or Autozone auto parts store for about $8.00 or less. See pictures below of tool and filter.


Jul 10, 2012 | Ford F-150 Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

Fuel line has hole in it..located right under driver side can I fix this? Olds dealer says no longer making them. It's a 1991 olds cultass ciera 3.3

You must replace the fuel line with bulk line. All the fittings are available at one of the big box parts stores (auto zone, advanced, napa, car quest). For safety sake i would have someone with a line bender and flair tool replace it.

Jun 06, 2011 | Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

Plugged Drain Holes? Does anyone know where the drain holes are located on a 2004 cayenne? After leaving car outside in heavy rain, water accumulates in passenger side floor. In lighter rain, I hear a...

hello there
the drain plugs should be under your carpets 1cm round,the cause could be that your water drain hoses are plug-up.It is part of the drain from sunroof.


Dec 17, 2010 | 2004 Porsche Cayenne

1 Answer

A hole in the exaust system how do i patch it up temporarily its in between where the cadillac converter meet

There are repair kits available at your local auto parts store to effect this repair - just bear in mind they will only last temporarily as there is a lot of heat associated with a catalytic converter and you may be better served to take it to a muffler shop - fixing it once is better than fixing it repeatedly, right?

Nov 25, 2010 | 2000 Chevrolet Impala

2 Answers

Trailer Light Kit (2007 Jeep Wrangler)

I would not hesitate to buy it from auto zone. The 7 prong will have only 3-4 usable prongs, the others will be empty. The flat 4 prong is the same, just flat and only have the usable prongs. I work for BOSCH and this is a big example how bad people get ripped off. We make an aftermarket oxygen sensor for almost any car. It's produced for about $7. Sold to parts store for $12, and then sold to you for $60+ , It is produced the same way with the same components. But we also make the OEM for $7, sold to dealerships for $17 and cost you $100+. Dealerships are a rip off, but people hesitate to buy aftermarket parts when they are usually 100% made the same. It's all about money in the long haul for these dealerships. So buy the aftermarket 4 prong kit.

Apr 30, 2010 | 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 2...

2 Answers

How do I remove the stereo from my 2004 Ford Focus ZX5?

U will need to go to the Ford dealer and buy the special tool kit (about $5) that lets u remove the radio from the dash, the two little tools release the spring clips on the sides of the radio that retain it in the dash, I also think that u can get these tools at any NAPA auto parts store.

Mar 23, 2010 | 2004 Ford Focus

1 Answer

Can't find the oil plug and filter on my 2009 g3 wave?

Oil plug is on the bottom of the oil case (under the car). The plug takes a T45 star socket (available at auto parts store to fit a 3/8" drive). You may be tempted by the transmission plug on the driver's side of the car, this is NOT it. The oil plug is on the passenger side and drains straight DOWN. The plug is flat with the case so it is easy to overlook. Look for the round quarter sized circle with a star indentation that the T45 fits into. This is the oil plug. Most auto parts stores do NOT stock the filter (which has a no metal casing) so plan in advance to order one or two before you decide to change oil.

Sep 22, 2009 | 2009 Pontiac G3

2 Answers

Cigarette burn in cloth car seat how do I fix this

An auto detailer might be of great help here. They also might be able to refer you to someone. There are upholstery repair kits available to do it yourself for around $10. Always has one for $8.99.

Sep 16, 2009 | 2006 Ford Explorer

3 Answers

Water on the floor

I've ran into this problem before with another jeep. What happens is the condensation drain line from the evaporator housing gets plugged with the material that insulates the housing and the water can't drain and seeps through the seems and drips on the passenger side floor. Chrysler did at one time sale a plug kit for this. What you would do is drill a 1/4" hole in the side of the housing on the left hand side near the bottom and put a stiff piece of wire in it to unplug the drain line and then plug the hole with the plug kit from chrysler. just when your drilling the hole make sure you don't drill into the evaporator core or your freeon will leak out as well. I'm not exactly sure how far from the bottom to drill the hole if I remember right it is 2 inches just about center. Chrysler did have a service bulletin on this you may want to ask them when you see bout the plug kit.

Jul 27, 2009 | 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee

1 Answer

Windshield washer pump is gone on my 1993 nissan truck xt.. Is it hard for a novice to fix???

The auto parts store (auto zone ) has a replacement kit available or call a auto salvage yard see if they have one. The units are usually held on with 10 mm bolts purchase a mm 1/4 inch drive socket set and that should do it empower you to do the job you may need to purchase a universal adapter with long extension to reach an inaccessible bolt.

Jul 03, 2009 | Nissan King Cab Cars & Trucks

Not finding what you are looking for?
Cars & Trucks Logo

Related Topics:

504 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Saab Experts

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22326 Answers


Level 3 Expert

78919 Answers

derek oliveira

Level 2 Expert

85 Answers

Are you a Saab Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides