Question about 1999 Buick LeSabre
It is not a code but a procedure, it is in the owners manual. here it is again, follow it exactly, this is from the factory service manual.
1. Insert key in ignition and leave in the OFF position
2. Locate the Data Link Port. It is located under dash drivers side. Be sure you know
which pins are 8 and 4.
(Note port is wider at top) Your OBDII port will not
have numbers, use the illustration for reference.
3. Make sure there are metal contact pins in terminals 8 and 4. Connect 8 to 4 with a
suitable jumper wire (leave the jumper wire connected throughout the programming
procedure). Make sure you know which terminals are 8 and 4. The vehicle will respond
by locking and unlocking the doors to signify entering of programming mode.
4. Close doors.
5. Turn ignition to the ON position (as far as you can go without cranking the engine).
Doors will lock.
6. Press and hold both the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons together on the first transmitter to
be programmed. After about 15 seconds, the vehicle will respond by locking and
unlocking the doors. Release the buttons on the transmitter.
7. Within one minute, repeat the previous step on the remaining transmitters to be
8. Remove jumper wire applied to the OBDII Port.
Posted on May 08, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 27, 2016 | 1995 Buick LeSabre
Jan 11, 2014 | Buick Cars & Trucks
Jan 02, 2012 | 2005 Buick LaCrosse
Jun 24, 2017 | 1992 Buick LeSabre
Jan 10, 2010 | 1995 Buick LeSabre
Jul 26, 2009 | 1999 Buick LeSabre
Mar 24, 2009 | 2003 Buick LeSabre
Mar 08, 2009 | 1998 Buick LeSabre
305 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: