Question about 2004 Audi A4
First you must diagnose this problem. In order to find out the cause of wipers stopping you can try follows:
1. Carefully extract the wiper arms from their axles (two pieces). In some cases you need to use an extracting tool. Heed of the windscreen !!!
2. Disassemble the plastic covers from the bottom of the windscreen.
3. With the bonnet up you can start the engine, (transmission in "N" or "P" position and parking brake on). Now you must switch on the control lever of the wipers, and go to the engine compartment. If the wiper motor runs let the wiper motor running for a few minutes and switch off. Go to the step 4. If the wiper motor do not runs you must check first the electrical feeding of the motor. It is necessary to unscrew three bolts of the mechanism and disconnect the electrical coupling (difficult assurance). If the electrical feeding is OK you must replace the motor - steps 5, 6, 7. If not you must check electrical connections, the control switch of wipers and electric cables.
4. Now you must check the two bearings of wiper mechanism with your hand. In the most cases the left bearing is out of order (is very hot). This is the most encounter fault of the wipers running at Audi.
5. For have enough space to manipulation the wiper motor together with their mechanism you must extract the plastic cover of the engine computer box, and extract also the box screws. Then you can move slowly the engine computer box, just for a few milimeters.
6. You must disconnect the electrical coupling of the motor (difficult assurance), unscrew three bolts of the mechanism and extract together with the motor. You must move them slowly between windscreen and engine computer box until the wiper motor go out together with the mechanism. This is the most difficult operation!
7. Now you can repair the bearings, replace entire wiper mechanism or replace the wiper motor.
It is not very simply, but it works.
Heed of the windscreen !!!
Refit in reverse order.
Posted on Jun 04, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Try replacing the Wiper Motor Pulse Board Module. It is available at aftermarket parts stores, it is easy to replace, and it is a high failure item. Eventually, the module will fail completely and leave you with no wipers.
Posted on Feb 25, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 09, 2013 | GMC Sierra Cars & Trucks
Dec 25, 2012 | 1991 Dodge Stealth
Nov 15, 2012 | 1998 Porsche Boxster
Apr 14, 2011 | Ford GT Cars & Trucks
Jul 17, 2009 | 1997 Acura RL
May 26, 2009 | 2004 Mitsubishi Galant
May 05, 2009 | 2001 Ford Focus
Feb 25, 2009 | 2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue
366 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: