Question about 2005 Lotus Elise
My car would not start as the engine button will not turn over if you don't have the fob. I had the fob, but the battery was dying, so it unlocks doors, but cant allow the "trip" of the security on the engine switch. Got new batteries, and does the same thing. So?
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Re-synchronize the FOB if the problem is with just one key.
1. Hold down both buttons simultaneously until the fob LED goes out. (10 seconds)
2. Release both buttons -- the LED should come on and stay on.
3. Press the larger fob button for a second, and the LED should flash.
IF re-synchronization doesn't work, you may have to replace the fob. Call customer service with your PIN (on the key-card that came with the keys). IF you don't have the PIN, then you need to call customeor service to confirm/register your ownership of the car.
If the keys are re-synchronized and it still doesn't work:
1. Re-synchronize as above, if you have not done so.
2. Turn the ignition on 3 times within 7 seconds. The red light above the odometer should light and stay on for 3 seconds.
3. Enter the PIN. Immediately after the red light goes out as per 2 above, switch on the ignition and count the number of flashes until it equals the number of the first digit on your PIN, then turn the ignition off, then on again. Do this for all four numbers.
4. What a pain, but if you get it wrong on a count, then you can restart by turning the ignition off for 10 seconds.
5. After the fourth digit, if the PIN is correct, the red light will stay on. Then you can re-test the fobs, and it should work.
Otherwise, call customer service.
Hope this helps.
Posted on Jan 12, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 29, 2017 | GMC Sonoma Cars & Trucks
Oct 02, 2014 | 2007 Lexus ES 350
Jul 13, 2014 | 1996 Land Rover Range Rover
Sep 05, 2012 | 2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer
Jul 13, 2012 | Toyota Cars & Trucks
Feb 24, 2012 | 2003 Hyundai Santa Fe
Jan 05, 2012 | 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Aug 17, 2011 | 2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
Dec 31, 2009 | 1998 Saturn SL
Sep 25, 2013 | 2005 Lotus Elise
91 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: