Question about 2002 Mazda Millenia
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
The reason is the water pump is driven off the timing belt, extra parts and allot more labor. No the eng does not have to be removed, labor time around 4 hours, parts about, about $125 US for parts, if it is a dealer add $75 US
Posted on Jan 08, 2009
1. Depressurize and drain the cooling system.
2. Loosen the alterantor adjustment and remove the belt.
3. Remove the water pump pulley.
4. Remove all the timing belt covers.
5. Loosen the timing (camshaft) belt tensioner and slip the timing belt off the camshaft toothed pulley (ensure you do not move the positon of the camshaft)
6. Unbolt the lower radiator hose fitting and heater retrun pipe.
7. Unbolt the waterpump from the block (5 bolts).
8. Remove all traces of the old gasket before mounting the new pump (Permatex spray on gasket remover works well).
9. Install the new pump and reassemble in reverse order to above.
Posted on Jul 31, 2009
hi from uk the 626 water pump is not driven by timing belt but by another drive belt so easy to change after removal of under wing cover to access /see pump b4 you remove drive belt would advise you to slacken off the water pump pully 1st while it is held by drive belt to prevent turning ? then with belt off /pully removed pump is more accessable hope this helps?
Posted on Dec 11, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 11, 2009 | 2002 Mazda 626
Nov 28, 2009 | 2002 Mazda Protege
Nov 10, 2009 | 2002 Mazda Millenia
Aug 17, 2009 | 1999 Mazda Millenia
May 04, 2009 | 1995 Mazda Millenia
Jan 08, 2009 | 2002 Mazda MPV
Jan 01, 2009 | 2002 Mazda Protege
63 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!