why not post the symptoms.? (all, not just dead) on all speeds?
the front just unscrews. its not hard, at all. nor worth 500 bucks.
but was that $450 for motor and $50 install? cant guess that ...
did you check all fuses first (in all fuse boxes , not just one)?????
FRONT OR REAR system? wow, with not symptoms i cant guess.
blow dead on HIIGH speed,
is it manual option or climate control HVAC option?
ATC or MTC systems (a means auto, m = manual)
did you replace the blower resistor first, if low speed fails.
did the hot wire test on blower fail, , ? do say this, as wasting a non good blower, is "over the top"
ill guess, front
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the instrument panel silencer from the passenger side of the instrument panel.
- Remove the glove box from the instrument panel.
- Disconnect the blower motor wire harness connector from the blower motor power module or resistor, depending on how equipped.
- Remove the three screws that secure the blower motor to the HVAC housing.
- Remove the blower motor from the HVAC housing.
rear is 16 steps. so..............................
all answers by me are USA cars, (usa forum it is)
and non Diesel, yes, its diffr.
now things that cause (hot wire to blower passes my tests)
failures of blower
- blower relay bad,
- input to relay wrong.
- fuse blown PDC #1 F1.
- A/c controller not commanding blow. there are 2 of these. modules.
- lots more but i need your unstated facts first. all of them.
all this and more is in the FSM book or at alldata.com diy for $15
Fuse 1 good , use a scan tool yet, to see if there are errors>?
Relay PDC relay blower motor front has 12vdc on in 87
ill pretend MTC, system
the 12vdc above goes to the blower, pin 1, is it>?
then the controller grounds pin 2 of blower on high
does it 0v? there? , it does so via ground G200.
if not its bad or the switch to it is bad.
the resistor block does not kill HIGH speed ever. cant. do that.
so is controller, or its switch bad, if not 0v here.
(keep in mind, my hot wire test passes on the blower )O
if 12vdc is at pin 1 on motor
you can jumper pin 2 to ground, fan will blow on
high, if not blower is bad (front)
it if blows now then the controller is bad or inputs wrong to it.