Question about 2008 Chevrolet Equinox LS
I had to already change the headlights a couple of times now I have just replaced one again and it will not work. Are there any other things I can do to try to fix the problem? Also I have experienced condensation in the lens on one side.
We'll if you are replacing bulbs and they work when you put them in but burn out quickly, that symptom along with condensation inside the lens surly indicates a moisture problem meaning somewhere there is a bad seal in the headlight lens assembly.
Posted on Nov 24, 2013
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Well first you can please follow the below steps -
1. Make sure the ignition key is in the off position and the headlight switch is off. Release the hood latch.
2. Open the hood and locate the top of the headlight assembly where you intend to change the headlight. If a plastic shroud is present, locate the center bolt and remove it with a ratchet and a socket. Lift the shroud out of the way to access the headlight assembly retaining brackets. Some later models may feature a snap-release shroud requiring no tools to remove.
3. Locate the brackets on the top rear of each side of the headlight assembly. Lift them all the way up to align the hole on the bottom of each bracket to the retaining tabs on the assembly.
4. Pull the assembly forward away from the Malibu, but be careful not to scratch the bumper. There are three guide pins that require unseating. The guide pins are what aim the headlights and it may take some wiggling to get the pins from their seats.
5. Support the assembly with one hand and then reach behind the unit with the other. The low beam bulb is on the outside, the high beam bulb is on the inside. You can also replace the parking light if desired. Locate the wire harness connection. Un-clip the wire harness from the back of the bulb socket. Remove the bulb by turning it counterclockwise 1/3 of a turn to align the release tabs of the ring and the assembly. Wiggle the bulb out of the assembly.
6. Place the latex gloves on your hands before opening the package of the replacement bulb. Oil in our skin can damage the glass bulbs of halogen headlights.
7. Carefully insert the new bulb into the ring and then align the tabs of the ring to the tabs of the headlight assembly. Push inward and then twist clockwise 1/3 of a turn to lock the bulb in place. Reattach the wire harness. Rest the headlight assembly inside its cavity and test the operation of the headlight before securing the headlight assembly in place. Be sure to turn the lights and ignition back off.
8. Align the three guide pins to their seats and push the assembly back into them gently until they snap into place. Replace the retaining brackets by pushing them downward to lock into place. Replace shroud, if applicable. Remove the tools and old bulb and close the hood. Post comments for further help or information......
Posted on Mar 27, 2010
Its called a multi functional switch in your steering column. The part is 525.00 at the dealer but can get online for about 365.00. Normally the high beams work and lows do not. 1.2 hours to replace this part.
Posted on Oct 30, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 16, 2015 | Cars & Trucks
Apr 01, 2014 | Chevrolet Equinox Cars & Trucks
Nov 24, 2013 | 2008 Chevrolet Equinox LS
Dec 24, 2011 | 2008 Chevrolet Equinox
Feb 01, 2011 | 2008 Chevrolet Aveo5
Dec 04, 2010 | 2008 Chevrolet Equinox
Jul 10, 2010 | 2006 Chevrolet Equinox
Nov 18, 2009 | 2007 Chevrolet Equinox LS New Cars
Feb 07, 2009 | 2005 Chevrolet Equinox
443 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: