Question about 2008 Chevrolet Malibu LT
Service esc light
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get 2 Free calls (no credit card required) and instant help on almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, appliances, handyman, and even pets).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
The torque converter clutch circuit may be at fault. The best way to determine the problem is to have a scanner/computer to read check engine codes.
Posted on May 06, 2009
Well first you can please follow the below steps -
1. Make sure the ignition key is in the off position and the headlight switch is off. Release the hood latch.
2. Open the hood and locate the top of the headlight assembly where you intend to change the headlight. If a plastic shroud is present, locate the center bolt and remove it with a ratchet and a socket. Lift the shroud out of the way to access the headlight assembly retaining brackets. Some later models may feature a snap-release shroud requiring no tools to remove.
3. Locate the brackets on the top rear of each side of the headlight assembly. Lift them all the way up to align the hole on the bottom of each bracket to the retaining tabs on the assembly.
4. Pull the assembly forward away from the Malibu, but be careful not to scratch the bumper. There are three guide pins that require unseating. The guide pins are what aim the headlights and it may take some wiggling to get the pins from their seats.
5. Support the assembly with one hand and then reach behind the unit with the other. The low beam bulb is on the outside, the high beam bulb is on the inside. You can also replace the parking light if desired. Locate the wire harness connection. Un-clip the wire harness from the back of the bulb socket. Remove the bulb by turning it counterclockwise 1/3 of a turn to align the release tabs of the ring and the assembly. Wiggle the bulb out of the assembly.
6. Place the latex gloves on your hands before opening the package of the replacement bulb. Oil in our skin can damage the glass bulbs of halogen headlights.
7. Carefully insert the new bulb into the ring and then align the tabs of the ring to the tabs of the headlight assembly. Push inward and then twist clockwise 1/3 of a turn to lock the bulb in place. Reattach the wire harness. Rest the headlight assembly inside its cavity and test the operation of the headlight before securing the headlight assembly in place. Be sure to turn the lights and ignition back off.
8. Align the three guide pins to their seats and push the assembly back into them gently until they snap into place. Replace the retaining brackets by pushing them downward to lock into place. Replace shroud, if applicable. Remove the tools and old bulb and close the hood. Post comments for further help or information......
Posted on Mar 27, 2010
Find the oil drain plug, remove, drain the oil into a pan, reinstall the drain plug a tighten, locate the oil filter and remove, check mounting surface to make sure the old gasket didn't stick. Coat the new filter gasket with oil and install hand tight. Refill the oil, make sure that you do not overfill. Start enigne for about a minute, shut off and double check the level, and that the filter and drain plug do not leak.
Some engines can be difficult, to identify the location of the drain plug and filter. There are thousands of configurations out there, If you are not familiar or can not locate the plug and filter, take the vehicle to a shop for service.
Posted on Apr 11, 2010
SOURCE: im looking for a 2008
You can download the manual free in pdf format from the GM owners site, you will need a Yahoo ID to use the site. If you want a hard copy of the manual try eBay or contact your local GM dealer, you can still order them new.Below is a web link top the GM owners site I mentioned.
Below is a link to a new owners manual on eBay.
Posted on Feb 17, 2011
SOURCE: My 2008 Malibu Service ESC
My 2008 Chevy Malibu is doing the same thing! I have 55,000 miles on it. Plus the "Service Traction" message appears also????? I was wondering if there has been any recalls on this?? A couple of days before this, I tried to set my cruise control and it would not come on, finally I got it engaged and then it just kicked back off............how aggrevating! I bought a new car not to deal with these issues. At this point I would not recommend a Malibu to anyone!!
Sorry that this isn't a solution, just saying I am dealing with the same problem.
Posted on Mar 27, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 08, 2016 | 2008 Chevrolet Malibu
May 01, 2015 | 2008 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ
Mar 15, 2015 | 2008 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ
Jul 28, 2014 | 2008 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ
Jun 28, 2014 | 2011 Chevrolet Malibu
Dec 13, 2013 | 2008 Chevrolet Malibu
Sep 19, 2012 | Cars & Trucks
Mar 26, 2011 | 2008 Chevrolet Malibu
Feb 17, 2011 | 2008 Chevrolet Malibu
May 06, 2009 | 2008 Chevrolet Malibu
32 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: