C0222 and C0226
The corresponding wheel speed sensor signal is less than 6 km/h (4 mph) for 5 seconds, or 120 seconds in order to set both DTCs.
Did you perform the ABS Diagnostic System Check?
Go to Step 2
Go to Diagnostic System Check - ABS
- Use a scan tool in order to clear the DTCs.
- Operate the vehicle at a speed greater than the specified value.
Does the DTC set?
19 km/h (12 mph)
Go to Step 3
Go to Diagnostic Aids
- Turn OFF the ignition.
- Raise and support the vehicle. Refer to Lifting and Jacking the Vehicle in General Information.
- Disconnect the wheel speed sensor connector.
- Use a DMM in order to measure the resistance across the wheel speed sensor.
Does the resistance measure within the specified range?
- Spin the wheel by hand as fast as possible.
- Use a DMM in order to measure the AC voltage across the wheel speed sensor as the wheel spins.
Does the AC voltage measure greater than the specified value?
Go to Step 5
Go to Step 8
Replace the wheel speed sensor. Refer to Wheel Speed Sensor Replacement
Did you complete the replacement?
Inspect for poor connections at the harness connector of the wheel speed sensor. Refer to Testing for Intermittent Conditions and Poor Connections
and to Connector Repairs
in Wiring Systems.
Did you find and correct the condition?
Go to Step 10
Go to Step 6