Question about 2010 Mercury Mariner
Setting the garage door transmitter
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Garage door remote
I have a problem i just brought a 2000 Mercury Mountaineer in full.That nite picked up from dealer there's a squeaky noise on the front end.i turn corner and backing up the truck feels like gunna break down.It's like the bumps on side the thru way it shakes the truck.had taken it in to get fix got it back it still does it n now can hear lite tapping in the motor.i need a
solution. scared too have my son in the truck ridin with me.
Posted on Oct 13, 2008
Verify the hand-held transmitter is operative.
Prepare for programming the universal transmitter by erasing all three channels (hold down the two outside buttons until the red light begins to flash [20-30 seconds]). Release both buttons.
Select one of the three universal transmitter channels to be programmed by pressing the desired button
Hold the end of the hand-held transmitter 25-51 mm (1-2 in) from the front surface of the universal transmitter so that the red light can still be seen
Use both hands to press the hand-held transmitter button and the desired button on the universal transmitter. Do not release either button.
Hold down both buttons until the red light on the universal transmitter flashes, first slowly and then rapidly. Release both buttons when the rapid flashing begins. The universal transmitter has successfully learned the new frequency signal and can be used in place of the hand-held transmitter(s).
If the hand-held transmitter appears to program the universal transmitter but does not open the garage door, the garage door opener may have a code protected or rolling code feature.
To operate, simply press the appropriate button on the universal transmitter. The red light is on while the signal is being transmitted.
IF THE GARAGE OPENER HAS ROLLING CODES---
program as above then------
Train the garage door opener receiver to recognize the universal transmitter.
Remove the cover panel from the garage door opener receiver.
Locate the training button on the garage door opener receiver. Location and color of the button may vary by garage door opener manufacturer. Refer to the garage door opener instruction manual or owner literature.
Press the training button on the garage door opener receiver for 1-2 seconds.
Press the programmed universal transmitter button for as long as the universal transmitter red light flashes (1-2 seconds). Release the button and re-press the button to confirm that the universal transmitter is trained to the receiver.
The garage door opener should recognize the universal transmitter.
Posted on Apr 02, 2009
The owners' manual will designate when to inspect it.Replace it before 100K to be safe, and assume it's never been replaced unless you have its history. don-ohio
Posted on Sep 09, 2011
Removing the door when it wont open is not logical you would have to open the door first yes its going to be tricky but you may need to open the window and try through there if not try a slim jim my guess is your door handle has busted but with a slim jim you are actually grabbing the metal rod that opens it good luck.
Posted on Nov 22, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 09, 2016 | 2010 Mercury Mariner
on May 29, 2010 | BMW 528 Cars & Trucks
The instructions in the owner's manual are correct, but after following them, my garage door installer and I discovered a few quirks and fixes for them.
It is important to park the Touareg in front of the garage door. Be careful not to park underneath it.
If your remote garage door transmitters are already programmed to your door opener, you need to do the following steps:
1. On the garage door opener itself, there is a learn button. Press and hold down the learn button until the learn indicator light goes out (approx. 6 seconds). (The learn button is near the antenna on your door opener.) By doing this, you have just reset the codes. At this point your remote door transmitters will most likely not work. This is o.k.
2. In the Touareg, press and hold whichever homelink button you want to program until the light above the homelink buttons slowly blinks. Continue to hold the button in and at the same time, hold your remote transmitter underneath the map lights and press the button. Continue to press both buttons until the homelink light rapidly flashes. Let go of both buttons.
3. You now have 30 seconds to press the learn button on your garage door opener. Press it once. The light will start to blink.
4. Go back to the Touareg, press and hold the homelink button you just programmed for 3 seconds until you get a blinking light. Repeat again. This time, it should open or close the door. The homelink button is now programmed.
5. Now that the homelink button is programmed, you now have to re-program your remote transmitters. Take the transmitters with you.
6. On the garage door opener, press the learn button, the light will blink. Now press the button on the remote transmitter. The light should stop blinking. Repeat the step if you have more than one transmitter. You should be all set. The homelink button should work in the Touareg and your remote transmitter(s) should also work.
In summary, the rolling codes in the door opener receiver have to be reset. For some reason, the Touareg has to be programmed FIRST. Then the remote transmitter units. If the remote transmitter units are already programmed, you will most likely not be able to program the homelink in the Touareg for a rolling code door opener.
Mar 14, 2013 | Cars & Trucks
Sep 07, 2011 | 2005 Mercury Mariner
Do not press brake pedal during Remote Entry programming procedure as it will immediately exit you from
that mode. Electronically unlock the vehicle prior to attempting to enter Remote Entry Programming Mode.
Turn ignition from OFF to RUN 8 times within 10 seconds, with the 8th time ending in RUN. All doors will lock
then unlock to confi rm programming mode. Within 20 seconds, press any button on 1st remote transmitter.
Door locks will cycle to confi rm programming. Within 20 seconds, press any button on 2nd transmitter (up to 4
transmitters total possible). Turn ignition to OFF. Locks will again cycle to indicate end of programming mode.
Mar 10, 2011 | Mercury Mariner Cars & Trucks
Dec 19, 2010 | GMC Yukon XL Cars & Trucks
Sep 08, 2009 | 2007 Buick Rendezvous CXL SUV
Apr 01, 2009 | 2004 Mercury Mountaineer
Mar 28, 2009 | 2005 Mercury Mariner
Oct 21, 2008 | 1999 Lincoln Town Car
228 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: