your information is very basic, however I will try to give you advise. It seems like you have too much energy being pulled to operate the dash lights. The cause of this would be a short in the wiring. A short is when electricity in a wire, shorts to a ground, before completing a circuit. This causes the lights to have to pull more volts/amps to operate them. When this current exceeds a value larger than that protected circuit can allow, it will blow the fuse to protect the system, and prevent possible damage, or a fire. Dash work is hard business, lots of wires, and air bag circuits. First off, look for any bulbs that are out. Look for any wires that are stripped of their protective coating. use a tester to determine where power is and where power is not. Be VERY CAREFUL AROUND WIRING. Automotive wiring can cause serious shocks, if not properly handled, tested, or repaired. do not hold me responsible if an injury occurs. Hope I have given you an idea of what your problem consists of. Hope I could help!
Jan 17, 2014 |
2000 Plymouth Neon