Question about Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution
Fuel in tank still not starting, is it pump or filter
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get to try the service completely Free afterwhich it costs $6 per call and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
You are looking for the constant control relay module- ( CCRM ) see below. The pump will be located inside the fuel tank.Most of the time , its the pump and not the relay but, it wouldn't hurt to check the relay out. Teh relay is housed in the CCRM. Its located behind the engine coolant reservoir.
Posted on Mar 20, 2009
probaly a fuel pump its common for vehicles to do that the best thing to do next is a fuel pressure check to verifiy its the pump
Posted on Apr 15, 2009
the problem is the fuel pump inside the front tank is defective, it is not a fuel filter, the fuel from both tanks fuel pumps runs through the same filter
Posted on Feb 18, 2010
Testimonial: "Thank you..i was hoping for the easy fix..i appreciate your help sir! "
Had a similar problem and turned out to be a fuel regualtor.
Be careful with the little o-ring. Tricky little devil.
There may be residual pressure in the line so be careful you don't take a shower in gasioline.
It was hard to start after warm up. Rough idle until driving. Then on shut off it was hard to start.
Posted on Sep 04, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 09, 2015 | Chrysler Cars & Trucks
on Sep 21, 2011 | 2004 Cadillac Escalade
Jul 25, 2015 | 1993 GMC G2500
Sep 06, 2012 | 2005 Lincoln LS
2002 Dodge Caravan
Fuel Filter Replacement Procedure
1. The fuel filter is located on top of the fuel tank near the fuel pump module. Fuel lines are permanently attached to filter assembly and must be replaced with the fuel filter.
2. Release pressure from fuel system by removing the fuel pump relay and start the engine and let it die. Crank the engine a couple times after it dies to relieve more of the fuel pressure
3. Disconnect negative battery cable
4. Raise and support vehicle
5. Support fuel tank with transmission jack or floor jack with large plywood board to evenly distribute the weight of the fuel tank. NOTE: It is important to distribute weight evenly to prevent damage to the fuel pump module.
6. Disconnect ground strap from fuel tank
7. Remove inboard fuel tank straps and front "T" strap fastener
8. Lower the fuel tank approximately 6 inches to access the fuel filter assembly.
9. Disconnect the fuel lines at the fuel supply connector and the fuel pump module
10. Remove the retaining bolt and remove filter assembly from vehicle.
11. Reverse removal procedure to install (Don't forget to put the fuel pump relay back )
Apr 02, 2011 | 2002 Dodge Caravan
Mar 04, 2011 | Mercedes-Benz E-Class Cars & Trucks
May 03, 2010 | 1991 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer
Apr 08, 2010 | 2002 Chrysler Sebring
Sep 26, 2009 | 1979 Ford F 350
Nov 18, 2008 | 1993 Ford Escort 4 Door
11 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: