2002 nissan maxima showing codes p0430 and p1572. How Do I fix these problem?
P0430 - Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 2)
Basically this means that the oxygen sensor downstream of the catalytic converter on bank 2 is detecting that the converter is not working as efficiently as it should be (according to specs). It is part of the vehicle emissions system.
Symptoms: You will likely not notice any drivability problems, although there may be symptoms such as a rough/hard idle when cold.
Causes: A code P0430 may mean that one or more of the following has happened:
* The catalytic converter is no longer functioning properly
* An oxygen sensor is not reading (functioning) properly
* There is an exhaust leak
* First, inspect for exhaust leaks.
* Next step is to measure the voltage at the oxygen sensor on Bank 2. In fact, it would be a good idea to test each oxygen O2 sensor while you're at it.
One thing to note is that many vehicle manufacturers offer a longer warranty on emissions-related parts. So if you have a newer car but it's out of it's bumper-to-bumper warranty, there still may be warranty on this type of problem. Many manufacturers give a five year, unlimited mileage warranty on these items. It's worth checking into.
P1572 - ASCD Brake Switch Circuit Malfunction
For check ASCD BRAKE SWITCH POWER SUPPLY
- Turn ignition switch OFFDisconnect ASCD brake switch (2) harness connector Stoplamp switch (1) Turn ignition switch ON
voltage between ASCD brake switch terminal and ground under the
following conditions with CONSULT-II or testerCONDITION VOLTAGE Battery
voltage Approx. 0V
More than likely the brake pedal cancellation switch is bad.
Keep us updated.
Feb 01, 2011 |
2002 Nissan Maxima