Change back Brake pads on renualt megane 2
1. Hand Brake ON , loosen wheel bolts to hand tight, jack up front wheel , chock back wheels , put axle stands/blocks in place (just in case) .
2. Remove wheel. Disconnect pad wear wire , it pulls out of the connector.
3. Remove lower caliper bolt (at the back of caliper at the bottom) , need a 13mm ring spanner for head of bolt and 17mm to stop it spinning
4. Use a screw driver between the back of the outer pad and the caliper to prise the caliper back away from the back of outer pad. Pivot caliper upwards to rest on top of wheel disc (good idea to tie it up with some wire) .
5. Remove and discard old pads , clean out with wire brush and soft brush , don't breath in to much of the dust its nasty.
6. Fit new pads (remember pad wear sensor on inside pad), make sure that the pads are in contact with the disc , and the top of them sitting flush with the rim of the disc, don't force them into this position they should naturally sit there.
7. Lower caliper down into position, you may need to push back the piston further in order to make room for the new pads , do this with you hands or a small piece of timber. Keep an eye on the brake fluid resivoir , your pushing fluid back in so if its over full it may spill over. Refit lower caliper bolt (Renault say to replace this each time), and tigthen. Reconect pad wear sensor.
8. Pump brake pedal until normal brake pressure returns.
9. Remove axle stand/blocks , refit wheel and bolts , lower jack and tighten up wheel bolts.
Sep 18, 2009 |
2006 Renault Le Car