Question about Cars & Trucks
Sounds like you charging system is not working either your alternator or the generator depending on the model and year of corvete cheers
Posted on Nov 21, 2013
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: the battery keeps draining and
This may be over-simplified, but to find the battery drain: Remove the positive battery cable from the battery and insert an ammeter in series beween battery and cable. If something is draining the battery, it will show on the ammeter. Remove fuses one-by-one until you see a substantial reduction in the ammeter reading. That will pinpoint the circuit that is draining the battery. Then troubleshoot until you find the faulty component, wiring harness, etc. Remember there will always be a little bit of drain because of ECM, BCM, radio memory and stuff like that.
Posted on Jan 26, 2009
alternator gone bad, 100%. as the voltage starts dropping, all the lights on the dash will go crazy because the electronics cannot perform their self diagnostics, as they do not have sufficient voltage.
Posted on Jan 21, 2010
SOURCE: 04 ford freestar has p0193
I will start by saying that the battery will need to be replaced. A battery should not go dead for at least 20 minutes with every thing on. There is a 100 amp fuse that will blow if there is something drawing enough current to kill the battery in seconds. Even minutes. So that tells me that the battery is going to leave you stranded even after you get the stalling problem fixed.
P0193= Fuel rail pressure sensor circuit high input.
P0174= Too Lean on Bank 2
P0174 too lean could be a number of things. It could be that the air filter needs to be replaced. The Mass Air Flow sensor is bad. It could be a vacuum leak from a vacuum line or the intake leaking. It could be a bad O2 sensor. If it is a vacuum leak, the best fastest way to find it is to spray starting fluid around the intake and vacuum lines while the engine is running and if it revs up, that is where the vacuum leak is.
As far as the P0193 that is more than likely the fuel pressure regulator or sending unit. But with the van stalling, I would say it is the fuel pressure regulatro.
Posted on Jan 05, 2011
Symptoms- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Lack/Loss of Power
- The engine may be harder to start
- The engine may stumble or stallPossible causes- Ignition/Distributor engine speed sensor harness circuit is open or shorted
- Ignition/Distributor engine speed sensor poor electrical connection
- Faulty Ignition/Distributor engine speed sensor
- Faulty Crankshaft Position sensor
- Low battery charge
- Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)When is the code detected?The P0322 code is triggered when the Engine Control Module (ECM) detects no signal.P0322 VOLKSWAGEN DescriptionIgnition failure sensor is used to check whether the spark ignition is occurred correctly or not and also used to tachometer drive. The sensor monitors the voltage difference between a resistance which is on the battery circuit for ignition coil. When the ignition coil works properly, the electric current through the resistance is detected as voltage drop. This is confirmed for every ignition event with the crankshaft sensor and the camshaft sensor. If ECM detects a malfunction, no ignition is possible, so the engine would not start. If there is no ignition signal for a predetermined cycle for one or two ignition coils, an ignition coil circuit failure exists.
Posted on Nov 12, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 01, 2011 | 1984 Chevrolet Corvette
Jul 09, 2010 | 1997 Saturn SL
May 31, 2010 | 2004 Chevrolet Corvette
Apr 22, 2010 | 1984 Chevrolet Corvette
Jan 23, 2010 | 2005 Chevrolet Corvette
Jan 10, 2010 | 1984 Chevrolet Corvette
Sep 02, 2009 | 1984 Chevrolet Corvette
Mar 19, 2009 | 1984 BMW 3 Series
Mar 05, 2009 | 1998 Chevrolet Corvette
Oct 06, 2008 | 1992 Chevrolet Corvette
Dec 18, 2017 | Smart Cars & Trucks
63 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!