Question about 2003 Ford Thunderbird
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
The one with the turnsignal intergrated into it?
Push the Mirror FORWARD, up close to the pivot poit there is a small torx head screw - unscrew that.
At the tapered end carefully pull/pry down. That end has a small metal spring clip that holds it up, be careful with it, if it snaps, you can NOT by a new one...
Posted on May 18, 2009
SOURCE: replace headlight
Review this guide...
Fig. 1: Examples of various types of automotive light bulbs
Fig. 2: Exploded view of the front headlight assembly and related components
Fig. 3: If equipped, open the headlight access panel by sliding the latch and lifting the panel upwards
Fig. 4: Exploded view of the headlight bulb, retainer and wire harness plug
- Open the vehicle's hood and secure it in an upright position
- If necessary, open the bulb access panel by depressing the latch then lifting.
Fig. 5: To remove the bulb, grasp the retainer and rotate it counterclockwise to unlock it ...
Fig. 6: ... then withdraw the bulb from the headlight lens housing
- Unfasten the locking ring which secures the bulb and wire harness plug assembly, then withdraw the assembly rearward.
- Disconnect the electrical wire harness plug from the bulb and remove the locking ring as well.
Fig. 7: Unplug the wire harness from the bulb and either slide the retainer over the plug, or remove it from the bulb
- Before connecting a light bulb to the wire harness plug, ensure that all electrical contact surfaces are free of corrosion or dirt.
- Install the locking ring onto the bulb, then line up the replacement headlight bulb with the harness plug. Firmly push the bulb onto the plug until the spring clip latches over the bulb's projection.
Do not touch the glass bulb with your fingers. Oil from your fingers can severely shorten the life of the bulb. If necessary, wipe off any dirt or oil from the bulb with rubbing alcohol before completing installation.
- Position the headlight bulb and secure it with the locking ring.
- To ensure that the replacement bulb functions properly, activate the applicable switch to illuminate the bulb which was just replaced. (If this is a combination low and high beam bulb, be sure to check both intensities.) If the replacement light bulb does not illuminate, either it too is faulty or there is a problem in the bulb circuit or switch. Correct if necessary.
- Close the bulb access panel and the vehicle's hood.
Good luck... and remember rated my help!
Posted on Aug 07, 2009
you have to remove the whole headlight assembly, then pop off the front cover pull the old bulb out and put the new one in. reverse the process to re-install. there is a small plastic tab on the topfront of the headlight assembly, that is what you need to release to get the clear cover off and get inside.
Posted on Oct 07, 2009
Most of this solution for changing a headlamp on a ford focus sedan is taken from solution 2's writeup, accept with a few more details that should help changing the bulb assembly for the novice. Pop the hood. At the front of the car, look to the back of the
headlight assembly. There will be a plastic cover on the back. On some
models, you need to unscrew the plastic cap; on others, it just pops or
Remove the plastic cover and then take note of the orientation of the three prong connector on the back of the bulb assembly. This is important because the replacement bulb assembly is going to have to be positioned in the same manner. By noting the orientation before taking out the old assembly, it will be easier to orient the replacement bulb assembly after removal.
There is a small retaining clip that surrounds and holds the bulb in place. Removing the clip can be tricky. On my 2003 Ford Focus sedan, there is a special place to push and release the clip that is above the bulb - perhaps further above than you might think. Push the release clip and it will release the retaining clip from the bulb assembly. Gently pull the retaining clip down and out of the way of the bulb assembly. Pull the original bulb straight out. Remove the three prong connector from the bulb assembly. Connect the three prong connector to the replacement bulb and then orient the three prong connector as the original and push bulb assembly straight back into place. Jiggle the assembly slightly to seat it into the correct position in the headlamp housing and replace the retaining clip to hold the bulb in place. Replace the plastic cover on the back of the headlamp and replacement is complete.
No tools. 10 minutes.
Posted on Jan 18, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 10, 2016 | 2003 Ford Thunderbird
Jan 10, 2016 | 2001 Ford Explorer Sport
Jan 09, 2012 | 2003 Ford Thunderbird
Jun 19, 2010 | 1997 Ford Thunderbird LX
Apr 06, 2010 | 2004 Ford Thunderbird
Feb 15, 2010 | 1997 Ford Thunderbird LX
Feb 14, 2010 | 2003 Ford Thunderbird
Sep 02, 2009 | 2003 Ford Escape
83 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: