Question about 1996 Ford Explorer
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I just did this for a friend this morning. Sounds scary bot it is easy.
1) remove P.S. fluid filler and pin it aside
2) remove radiator overflow canister and pin it aside
3) unplug wiring harnesses right over the alternator (back right of the engine compartment)
4) The scary part - remove the 3 engine mount bolts on that sode of the car
5) from the transmission jack up the engine just enough to tilt it forward slightly
6) it takes 2, tilt the engine forward and lift out the alt - you should have removed the belt at this time.,
7) take the sole (red) wire off of the alt.
8) finish in reverse order
Posted on Aug 29, 2009
Thanks for using FixYa. You can look at this picture for serpentine belt for your 2002 Ford Focus Z3--
Ford Focus Z3 Serpentine belt Removal--
· Jack up the front of the vehicle and support it on jack stands. Use a wrench to remove two bolts and take off the drive belt lower cover.
· Note belt routing and make a sketch for your reference if you don't have a belt routing diagram from the manufacturer.
· Find the belt tensioner pulley. Use your wrench to rotate the tensioner pulley by pulling clockwise on a bolt in the center of the pulley. Slip the old belt off of the tensioner pulley.
· Release the belt tensioner. Slip the belt off of the pulleys and install the new belt according to your routing diagram.
· Rotate the tensioner again to allow the new belt to slip over the tensioner pulley. Release the tensioner again. Replace the drive belt lower cover and lower the vehicle.
Please do rate the solution and revert for further assistance.
Posted on Sep 06, 2009
On the left inside the boot behind the carpet is a blue connector, this has all of the wires for the rear lights. if you use a test lamp you can identify which wires do what and connect as you go. Use a self tapping screw for earth.
Posted on Sep 14, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 15, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
Nov 19, 2016 | 2002 Lincoln Continental
Feb 23, 2015 | 2002 Ford Focus
Feb 12, 2013 | 2002 Ford Focus
Dec 08, 2012 | 2001 Ford Focus
Nov 11, 2012 | 2002 Ford Focus
Apr 05, 2017 | 2001 Ford Focus
Mar 04, 2011 | 2001 Ford Focus
Dec 27, 2009 | 2001 Ford Focus
May 30, 2009 | 2000 Ford Focus
Dec 11, 2016 | 1996 Ford Explorer
95 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!