Question about 2001 Mitsubishi Montero
Posted by Anonymous on
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: I replaced the lifters in
1.5 and 1.8 engines:
* Install the rocker arm and shaft assemblies. Tighten the rocker arm shaft retainer bolts to 23 ft. lbs. (32 Nm).
* Check valve adjustment and install the valve cover. Tighten the valve cover bolts to 16 inch lbs. (1.8 Nm) for the 1.5L engine or to 29 inch lbs. (3.3 Nm) for the 1.8L engine.
* Lubricate the rocker shaft with clean engine oil and install the rockers and springs in their proper places.
* Install the rocker shaft assemblies on the engine. Tighten the bolts gradually and evenly to 21-25 ft. lbs. (29-35 Nm).
Fig. Rocker arm shafts and components-2.4L engine
* Fit the rocker shaft springs from above and position them so that they are at right angles to the plug side. Install the rocker springs before installing the exhaust side rocker shaft and rocker arm assembly.
* Install the exhaust side rocker shaft assembly in the engine. Tighten the rocker shaft mounting bolts gradually and evenly to 23 ft. lbs. (32 Nm).
* Remove the lash adjuster retaining tools.
* Install the rocker cover and tighten the mounting bolts to 30 inch lbs. (3 Nm).
* Reinstall the spark plug wires to the spark plugs.
Posted on Sep 06, 2010
Testimonial: "You were very helpful. Thank you very much."
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 07, 2016 | 2003 Oldsmobile Silhouette
Aug 29, 2016 | 1996 Dodge Caravan
Dec 18, 2015 | Ford Cars & Trucks
Dec 18, 2015 | Cars & Trucks
Dec 01, 2015 | 1987 Oldsmobile Cutlass Salon
Dec 18, 2012 | 1996 Ford Windstar
Apr 15, 2011 | 2001 Chevrolet Malibu
Apr 05, 2009 | 2004 Pontiac Grand Am
Dec 26, 2008 | 1997 Chevrolet Malibu
Jun 22, 2018 | 2001 Mitsubishi Montero
67 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!