Question about 1987 Chevrolet Sprint
When I try to turn the car off and take the key out of the ignition tumbler the car still runs.
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
leave the key on for about 5 to10 min then try to start. Are reset to computer by leaving the key on for 10 min and try to start the vehical.Do this procese 3 time then it shold reset
Posted on Feb 12, 2009
SOURCE: ignition tumbler locked up
try a spare key, or push key into lock while turning
it is the tip [pointy end] of the key that releases the switch tumbler lock allowing it to turn. keys & switches wear out, a 'heavy' key ring especially wears the switch.
Posted on Oct 17, 2009
try playing with shifter. move from park to low rapidly and push to park with some force. try this a few times. the shifter sends a signal to a lock actuator to allow your ignition to release key. if that doesnt work remove your steering wheel lower cover. usually acces 2-3 screws from underneath cover. u will see what looks like a gold pushbutton located near lock cylinder u may be able to get key released by manually actuating that solenoid
Posted on Nov 19, 2009
I agree with the solution regarding the fuse. However, just wanted to make a slight correction regarding which fuse within my instructions for resolution:
- On the driver's side door near the hinges locate the fuse box (its black).
- Take the fuse box top off of it
- On the fuse box top, there is a legend that identifies each fuse. Correleate the one that says "Radio/Clock" (not Clock/Radio).
- pull that one out with a needle nose pliers or preferably a fuse remover tool. If not available, drive to nearest automotive/gas station or ask a neighbor for those tools.
- pull out "Radio/Clock" fuse (it is the second fuse from the top left column in the yellow background fuse area)
- Once fuse is removed, start the car then turn car off to take key out as normal. DONE! :)
Posted on Apr 02, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 01, 2015 | 2003 Cadillac Deville
Oct 19, 2011 | Cars & Trucks
Apr 23, 2011 | 1994 Lincoln Town Car
Jan 28, 2011 | 2005 Chevrolet Malibu
Sep 16, 2010 | 1996 Mercedes-Benz C-Class
May 24, 2010 | Jaguar XJ6 Cars & Trucks
May 04, 2010 | Lincoln Town Car Cars & Trucks
Nov 13, 2009 | 1996 Ford Taurus
Nov 12, 2009 | 2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue
Jun 28, 2008 | 2005 Honda Civic
33 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: