Question about Cars & Trucks
The security light remains lit ( not blinking ) after I lock the doors with the remote. Also with the drivers side window down I tried to open the locked door with the inside door handle and it did not activate the alarm !....What do I need to do ?
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I had the same problem with now power to windows, mirrors and seat. The common soulution is the orange and or black wire in the boot have broken between the door and post.
Posted on Dec 07, 2008
You can do it yourself.
Couple of times when you replace the remote battery, you might have them not working/ responding but just follow the procedure below.
Stand close to the car, hold down the open and close knobs for about 10 seconds. Press them at the same time for 3 seconds; then press the open button as the car opens.
The above procedure is applicable to a lot of car brands. It does not matter how many knobs you might have on the remote fob.
I have carried this procedure out on a lot of brands ranging from Honda, Toyota, Rover, Ford, etc. and it works perfectly well.
Good luck and Rate this.
Posted on Dec 30, 2009
The solution to this issue was recently discovered during our most recent trip to the shop. We told them not to leave the window down when they changed the battery... BUT DID THEY LISTEN...NOOOO.
So quite by accident I was finally able to correct and then test fail the system and test and fix again...
Here you go.;
1. disconnect the battery and connect both the positive and negative cables together(after disconnected))
2. disconnect the window and lock controller in the driver's side door.
3. Leave cables connected for at least 5 minutes
4. Re-connect door window controller and locks wiring harness
5. Place the key in the ignition and turn to the run position
6. Connect Battery starting with the negative cable(ensuring not to connect then disconnect, (one swift motion)
7. open drivers side door and turn key to the off position(do not remove)
8. You should hear a series of dings
9 Once dings are heard remove the key from the ignition and you should hear the door lock solenoids activate..
10. Congrats.. Your done and the windows and locks work.
Posted on Mar 24, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 06, 2016 | 2003 Buick Rendezvous
Jun 22, 2016 | 2002 Buick Rendezvous
Oct 26, 2015 | Cars & Trucks
Feb 25, 2013 | 1999 Chevrolet Cavalier
Feb 06, 2011 | 2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
Sep 25, 2010 | 1997 Oldsmobile Achieva
Jun 10, 2010 | 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix
Nov 01, 2008 | 1999 Oldsmobile Cutlass
78 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!